Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Roland Jacopetti

Something Completely Part 3 Music Making

When
    Friday, December 14th;8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    Where KRCB-Windsor, 91.1 and 90.9 (Wait a minute! WINDSOR!!?)
    Add to Google Calendar
    Having committed myself to a third round of thirty (or so) that I'm thankful for (and therefore indulging in the giving of thanks [and of both giving and receiving music] and hope you are, too) I turn my thanks to Thanks, Music Makers, Part 3. Please forgive me for not adding Parts 4, 5, 6 and onward. There's nothing like choosing music to be thankful for, except thanking more of that music. Like, for instance....

a song by The Roches called Jesus Shaves that's actually about Jesus shaving. Did he really do that? Listen in...to Song #2

a song that's also part of a tribute to Joni Mitchell by Ana Moura (a wonderful Brasilian songstress)...one of her (Joni's) songs, titled A Case of You, which is actually a better version of this song than Joni's own. Like, for example, Song#1

a song by Kieran Kane, Kevin Welch, with Fats Kaplin, a song that, when Kevin Welch played the Occidental Center for the Arts last year, I asked him to play, a song called A Prayer Like Any Other (for Nikke), for which he apologized for no longer being able to play as well as he once did. Like, for example, Song #4

a song by the Duke and the King from the album Nothing Gold Can Stay called Union Street, a street with the same name as a street in San Francisco called Union Street that I grew up overlooking. Like, for example, Song #5.

Please note...I singled out for special interest four of the first five songs on Thanks, Music Makers, Part 3, even though Song #3 is just as good as the other 4. Please note further...this is gonna be an extremely cool group of songs.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-10-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email