Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Support migrant caravan.

Follow Pueblo Sin Fronteras on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PuebloSF
    Support Pueblo Sin Fronteras as we accompany the Central American Migrant Caravan that began in October 2018!

We are a small group of all-volunteer popular educators, organizers, migrants, refugees, and people in solidarity with migrants worldwide that for years has been providing accompaniment to the migrant caravans from Central America to the United States. We are NOT organizing the Caravan itself (this caravan especially is autonomous and self-organized), but we provide an important accompaniment process to help ensure the Caravan members’ rights are respected, coordinate orientations with information about legal processes, and facilitate other forms of mutual aid.

As the repression against the Central American Caravan continues, we need all the support we can get to provide an effective accompaniment process to the Caravan.

Towns across Mexico have shown strong solidarity with the Caravan, offering food and shelter for thousands along their way. Alongside this massive, grassroots support, Pueblo Sin Fronteras has fielded a team to maintain a continuous accompaniment presence since the caravan entered Mexico. The funds raised here will go toward:
    -Support for shelters along the route for caravan members and for organizers and volunteers
    -Materials for banners, paint, canvas, etc.
    -Gear and logistics for accompaniment (radios, external battery packs, etc.)
    -Supplies for know-your-rights and legal process orientation
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    cyberanvil

Re: Support migrant caravan.

As a believer in free speech, I believe it is my responsibility to voice my concerns. I am not convinced that encouraging mass migration as a form of immigration is either right or productive. There are processes in place to accommodate lawful, peaceful applications. But to try to overwhelm official US agencies in order to gain access to our Nation is wrong. My opinion is counter to many, but it is still my closely held opinion. My family comes first and mass immigration of the type being attempted is not a positive for me or my family.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email