Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Indivisible Sonoma County: Get out the vote!

Indivisible Sonoma County mobilizes and organizes people locally by connecting them with the political processes to fight for equality and justice. Inspired by Indivisible.org, we rally to resist the Trump agenda — an agenda based on racism, authoritarianism, and corruption. We object loudly and powerfully to ensure that people in Sonoma County understand how damaging the Trump agenda is from the start.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Indivisible Sonoma County: Get out the vote + 350 Bay Area Endorsements

I have endorsed & contributed to Dan Monte, for District 10, Sonoma & Marin Assembly. Following is more endorsements from environmental groups. Since I do not have a TV, I would welcome any gathering on election night which I could attend.

Voting Guides to Explore

1. Vote Climate U.S. PAC has released a national climate change voter’s guide. Polls show that American voters want action on climate change. This voter’s guide calculates a climate score for every incumbent and challenger for the U.S. House and us, quickly highlighting their climate action history and position. It provides an easy to read side-by-side assessment of both incumbents and challengers. It’s a thorough scoring system for incumbents that includes votes, positions,, leadership, and putting a fee on carbon. Challengers are rated on position and putting a fee on carbon.
    2. Climate Hawks' Endorsements
    3. CA League of Conservation Voters Voting Guide
    New Endorsement: Dan Monte

350 Bay Area Action proudly endorses Dan Monte for Assembly District 10. Dan recognizes climate change as the most urgent issue of our time and is committed to fighting for bold climate action, such as a ban on fracking, a halt on all new oil and gas development, and a tax on carbon. Dan Monte is the only candidate in the race for Assembly District 10 who has pledged never to take money from the fossil fuel industry, choosing instead to prioritize the health of our communities, our democracy, and our planet. Read more here.

All official 350 Bay Area Action endorsements:
    NO on Prop 6
    Kevin De León for CA Senator
    Rebecca Bauer-Kahan for Assembly District 16
    Jovanka Beckles for Assembly District 15
    Dan Monte for Assembly District 10

Nevada Still Needs Flipping

Flip Nevada Blue is partnering with California environmental, healthcare and justice groups to organize canvassing trips into Nevada. Canvass with them for Jacky Rosen in Nevada this weekend (10/26-10/28) and/or next weekend(11/2-11/4). They've got carpools and housing figured out! Visit the Flip Blue Nevada Facebook page to learn more and get involved.
    |
    Last edited by Barry; 10-26-2018 at 11:39 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

5. TopTop #3

Re: Indivisible Sonoma County: Get out the vote + 350 Bay Area Endorsements

Yes, on Dan Monte. He's really good. And if you've like to find out more about who and what to vote for in this complicated election, Check out Adrianne Lauby's recommendations from the Homeless Action Coalition.

Lilith
    Last edited by Barry; 10-26-2018 at 11:39 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #4

Last election SURJ (Showing Up for Racial Justice) facilitated a gathering the night before the election, in downtown Santa Rosa.

Not sure if they're doing it again.

I'd like to know about any pre-election gatherings and election night gatherings also.

I don't do tv either, but I listen to radio a lot. I agree with all the 350 recommendations.

I've met Dan Monte several times at activist gatherings--he's definitely got my vote.

I'd appreciate knowing how/where we can find out about the numerous judges on the ballot.

Thanks,
    Dusty (aka gaiasophia on Wacco)
    Last edited by Barry; 10-27-2018 at 02:15 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #5

I agree. Yes on Dan Monte.

Lilith, how do we find Adrienne's recommendations? They are not on HA's Facebook page.

Tofu Larry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lilith Rogers: View Post
    Yes, on Dan Monte. He's really good. And if you've like to find out more about who and what to vote for in this complicated election, Check out Adrianne Lauby's recommendations from the Homeless Action Coalition.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-27-2018 at 02:16 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: