Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    denise
    Supporting Member

Re: Peet's Coffee moving in next door to CVS.

By the way, there are two openings on the Sebastopol Planning Commission for the upcoming four year terms.

If you want to be involved in planning for our town this is one way to do it.

More information and an application are located here:

https://ci.sebastopol.ca.us/City-Gov...ing-Commission
    Last edited by Barry; 12-02-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #32
    gypsey

Re: Peet's Coffee [is not] moving in next door to CVS.

I glanced thru the thread and I don/t get the concerns if they are there. Its' on the edge of town, and obviously the feasibility studies revealed that we can handle another coffee place besides what we have.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by AJL: View Post
    https://looplink.natl.cbre.us/xNet/L...RID=0&IP=false

If you click on the brochure attached to the above link, you will see the Peet's lease is acknowledged and a second lease is pending and a third space is still available. Too small for an indoor tennis court...

4. TopTop #33
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    I glanced thru the thread and I don/t get the concerns if they are there. Its' on the edge of town,...
    It's going in next to the new CVS, downtown. While I'd prefer a local business, I don't have a problem with this.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #34
    heresbruce

Gypsey, on the edge of town? Adjacent to two major roads going through the heart of Sebastopol??

Busy through traffic place, good location that may affect traffic flow, that is the urban nature of any town/city. I live in a rural country location for peace and quiet, and then go to shop where the goods are: towns and cities. It is a sometimes daunting challenge to deal with traffic and human behavior but also satisfies getting my worldly needs met and also offers a chance to visit friends who live there; a necessary travail... c'est la vie.

What befuddles me is that some of the folks in Sebastopol act as if they are living in a remote bucolic idyll, wanting everyone to treat it as such, rather than a growing urban crossroads combining both elements. I used to love Sebastopol, and my children frequently were there: the edge-of-town or downtown suburbs offer places that are placid and rural-like, but close to roads and services provided in urban settings, and I could get in, park and it was pleasant walking about. But rather than facilitating access into, through and then out, the town currently feels to me like a huge traffic jammed parking lot. I hope it is a phase it will pass through, but currently, I avoid Sebastopol, and go to other areas for shopping, coffee, visiting... too bad, but so it goes. I hope folks can figure out how to honor being a center having elements of both city and country. Good luck!
    Bruce Schmidt, Bridgehaven

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    I glanced thru the thread and I don/t get the concerns if they are there. Its' on the edge of town, and obviously the feasibility studies revealed that we can handle another coffee place besides what we have.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #35
    biannoli

Vote with your bucks. Stay out of there. And Starbucks. And CVS. Shouldn't be difficult we have some great coffee in town these days.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #36
    tommy

I gotta comment on your line "I used to love Sebastopol".

What makes this place a great place to live is not the buildings, businesses or highways. It's the natural beauty of the area, closeness to the coast, & the people who live here.

Last week I skimmed an article is SF magazine, listing the 100 best places to live in the Bay Area. Sebastopol was #30, with the comment "Forget the numbers—Sebastopol might be the best place in the world.".

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heresbruce: View Post
    ...What befuddles me is that some of the folks in Sebastopol act as if they are living in a remote bucolic idyll, wanting everyone to treat it as such, rather than a growing urban crossroads combining both elements. I used to love Sebastopol, and my children frequently were there: the edge-of-town or downtown suburbs offer places that are placid and rural-like, but close to roads and services provided in urban settings, and I could get in, park and it was pleasant walking about. But ...

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

12. TopTop #37
    Dorothy Friberg

One reason the downtown area is so congested is that employees of the small businesses take up parking; as well as commuters who park near downtown to take public transit. The one that bugs me is all the supposed single family dwellings which rent out rooms and their tenants park on the street. However, Sebastopuddlers are responsible in part for voting down a bypass which the county wanted to put in some 30 years ago. Did YOUR vote count?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.

13. TopTop #38
    ladybug5

Re: Peet's Coffee is moving in next door to CVS.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    Oh, gee, so what if Peet's hangs up a shingle next to CVS. Everybody gets soooo easily offended about damn near every little thing. Don't like it, don't shop there. Simple. Now go out and live your life and quit getting outraged over nothing.
    Well said!
    Is your dog having a good day? ~ www.gooddays.biz ~ [email protected]

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #39
    ChefJayTay

They have changed the fences this week greatly increasing the construction space and cutting off a significant portion of the public parking lot. There are now several pieces of heavy equipment and a contractors office on the plot.

Construction likely imminent (hopefully! - tired of ugly fences).

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #40
    Imagery

well, time to work on another ordinance to ban chain companies from opening in Sebastopol. for some reason, I was under the impression that the town already has the strictest anti-growth policy in the state.

18. TopTop #41
    ChefJayTay

ACRE Coffee
    is moving into the old Starbucks location as well.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-12-2019 at 10:37 AM.

19. Gratitude expressed by: