Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    anaturalwoman
    Supporting Member

Trump/Dark Magic

DARK MAGIC by Marcia Singer, MSW www.lovearts.org

Donald Trump is a textbook example of how to use the power of position and authority --badly.
    I recall the clever con from his book, “The Art of the Deal,” in which he attempts to justify half truths, misrepresentation, lies or exaggerations as “truthful hyperbole.” I can only guess that it’s an attempt as well to practice “the power of positive thinking,” as preached to Donald and his family when he was a youth. Reverend Norman Vincent Peale has more than met his match in senior Trump. Mr. Braggadocious, El Presidente apparently hopes that by proclaiming himself as great or the best –in all things, at all times, he can voodoo you and me–and himself into believing it.

If examined, his affirmations reveal themselves to be fear-based, impulsive,defensive, provocative bombast. Examples abound: “I’m the least racist person you’ll ever meet.” Or proclaiming viewership at his state of the union address as the highest ever, in history. Or, under my rule, “the dollar will get stronger.” Examples are endless of how he alone can MAGA.

So, how can we tell when an affirmation is a fictional imagining rooted in insecurity, or an actual empowered statement, clear and spoken from knowing your truth regardless of whether anyone else is listening, or agrees?

Are we hearing the outburst of a pathetically (even pathologically) insecure person, desperately trying to convince us of his worthiness? Who imagines that repetition will magically make his Bigger Than Life imaginary self proven true?

This form of wishful thinking and bellowing and proclaiming is a form of dark magical thinking. Dark magic does not come from the heart, from kindness, from well being or harmlessness. It has little use or regard for others, beyond their approval or admiration. The darkly magic words attempt to conjur a reality; But one that the boaster is not sure is possible, given who he secretly fears he might might really be if the mask is removed. If the emperor is seen to be naked. And unlovable...

Dark magic is a result of using the “laws of attraction” and manifestation from fear, darkly. White magic -or white magical thinking- might be understood as manifesting ‘Good’for all, practicing respect and regard for all living things. White magic comes as a proclamation and intention from the Heart. The power of that kind of thinking is very different from the sort that Donald Trump is stuck with –and sticks us with, until our compassion arises. He doesn’t know any better.

Thank Goodness, many of us do.
    Last edited by anaturalwoman; 04-11-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typos, words needing separation again
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: