Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Protest Gaza killings.

"The killing continues and the corporate media does its job. NCCP [North Coast Coalition for Palestine] will be holding a series of protests about the murders in Gaza resuming this Saturday the 14th from 12 -1 in Courthouse Square. We'll be on the Third Street side this time.

Future protests may be at other locations. All this will culminate on Nakba Day,
    May 15th which is also when Trump is going to open his little embassy in Jerusalem. Thank you all who came out last week. It is so good to see 40 instead of the usual 5. Please pass the word on."
    Last edited by Barry; 04-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    OldGranddad

Re: Protest Gaza killings.

You want to protest the Gaza killings? What about protesting the demonstrators throwing rocks with slings knowing that if they work hard enough, the only way to deal with them is with guns? Keep up the protesting on one side and you'll get protesting from the other side. Isn't anyone in the middle east interested in peace? When the Muslims aren't fighting the Israelis they fight each other. The Israelis aren't far behind. Is there something in the soil there that makes humans go crazy?

Yes, lots of Muslims were displaced when Israel was founded and lots of Jews were also displaced. The Jews were quickly assimilated into Israeli life. The Palestinians were kept in camps and used to foment trouble and for cannon fodder for a long, long time. Who is responsible for that? I believe it is the House of Saud. Remember, these are the same folks who sent the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to help Hitler work on "the final solution". The USA sells arms to Saudi Arabia and buys their oil. We have our nose so far up their rear we are unwilling and unable to do what is right to help promote peace. Of course, our present government is unable to do anything right under the current nitwit.

I understand that much of the trouble is the result of the thoughtless decisions made by France and England after the first world war, but that was a long time ago. Where are the so called world leaders working together to bring peace to the people of this planet? Sadly, even the good people of Sebastopol are only interested in protesting, rather than thinking of ways to help all peoples.

Old Granddad

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Dorothy Friberg

There will be no peace in the mid-east without justice for Palestine. I am thinking Israelis may have learned some bad tactics in the way some Jews have been treated historically. No excuse for the power mongers.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OldGranddad: View Post
    You want to protest the Gaza killings? ...
    Last edited by Barry; 04-13-2018 at 11:40 PM.

5. TopTop #4
    Gene

There will be no peace in the mid-east with Hamas. Iranian directed, instigators of conflict and antisemitism with absolutely no interest in peace. We were a lot closer to a solution with Fatah. Realistically Saudi Arabia and Israel are our line against Russian expansion. Look at it on a map. The strategic importance is obvious. If you think any of these folks care about the people I believe you are naive. That's my two cents, Gene

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #5
    Dorothy Friberg

Shows how insensitive you are to think that these dead do not matter. Are you also a gun toting member of the NRA? I would miss my son deeply if he were shot by an Israeli soldier, a sheriff's deputy, or you. Even as MLK was shot because his cause was different from "traditional" values.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gene: View Post
    There will be no peace in the mid-east with Hamas. Iranian directed, instigators of conflict and antisemitism with absolutely no interest in peace. We were a lot closer to a solution with Fatah. Realistically Saudi Arabia and Israel are our line against Russian expansion. Look at it on a map. The strategic importance is obvious. If you think any of these folks care about the people I believe you are naive. That's my two cents, Gene

8. TopTop #6
    OldGranddad

There will be no peace without justice for everyone, but no one wants peace in the mid-east. Where is the United Nations? Where are the so called world leaders? Certainly the United States will do nothing. The arms industry is making too much money from the fiasco.

In fact, we have no right to tell others how to behave because we ourselves behave so poorly. Remember, "Cast not the mote out of thy brother's eye, before you cast the beam out of your own"? Anyway, given our present government we certainly don't have the ability to be a world leader, except in arms production and chicanery,

The only way to change things is from within. As long as we have so few registered voters and so few of them vote, we don't have a chance. Suppose folks were registered to vote when they were born and others when they became citizens? Suppose election day was a national holiday with businesses shut down? Suppose there was a very large fine for not voting?

Maybe we should all put our efforts into doing things we might accomplish, rather than fighting with each other over things we cannot possibly change.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #7
    Gene

[QUOTE=Dorothy Friberg;219141]Shows how insensitive you are to think that these dead do not matter. Are you also a gun toting member of the NRA? I would miss my son deeply if he were shot by an Israeli soldier, a sheriff's deputy, or you. Even as MLK was shot because his cause was different from "traditional" values.

Dorothy, You have totally misinterpreted my post, then attacked me and then went off on an unrelated MLK. By the way MLK's assignation and cause had little to do with traditional values. I too would miss someone who was shot by a soldier a sheriff or anyone. 50,000 Americans were killed last year by other Americans with guns. They will all be missed. Now back to my post. " these dead do not matter" is NOT WHAT I SAID. I meant that the people in power: Netanyahu,Hamas, the leaders of Iran, Russia, and the US do not care. No matter what the public thinks their strategic interests will always be the top priority.

And though it's totally off topic I will share with you. I was an adult qualified NRA sharpshooter at 15. I haven't belonged to the NRA in fifty years and haven't had a gun in my house for over 40 years. Love & Peace, Gene

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #8
    Dorothy Friberg

Hey Gene and Ol Grandad: Please take the time to read New York Times article today, April 16,2018 on page 4 of the International news. The headline is "Battle Weary Hamas Gives Peace(ful Protests) a Chance" The leader of Hamas compares the struggles of Palestinians to the historic struggles of India (Gandhi), USA (Martin Luther King Jr.) and South Africa (Nelson Mandela). All struggles for justice and freedom. Not 'totally off topic.'

13. TopTop #9
    Damage

Don’t throw rocks and ya won’t get killed. Pretty simple.

14. TopTop #10
    Moon

Well, if we're going for simplicity here, how about this?
    Don't blockade supplies to families and humiliate neighbors, and ya won't get rocks thrown at ya.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Damage: View Post

15. TopTop #11

Do people who have been denied basic rights and been seriously abused for decades deserve to DIE for protesting their condition. Rocks don't kill Israeli police in protected gear. These things are not equivalent.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #12
    Damage

Protesting is fine. The second that you want to cause violence, expect violence to be done to you.

Obviously you’ve never been hit with a big rock, protective gear or not, it can kill or do harm.

18. TopTop #13

...Obviously you’ve never been hit with a big rock, protective gear or not, it can kill or do harm.
    So where are the dead Israeli police?
    Last edited by Barry; 05-17-2018 at 09:20 AM.

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #14
    Damage

What do you think “protective gear” is for? A lot more dead terrorist then cops. Haha I’m funny.

21. TopTop #15
    Damage

“Palestinians living in Gaza under the governing control of Hamas, a terror group with a history of using human shields and child soldiers, were encouraged to rush the border with Israel during the opening of the new U.S. embassy in Jerusalem,”

These are terriorist. Pure, evil, and simple.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand  

22. TopTop #16
    podfish

“Palestinians living in Gaza under the governing control of Hamas, a terror group with a history of using human shields and child soldiers, were encouraged to rush the border with Israel during the opening of the new U.S. embassy in Jerusalem,”

These are terriorist. Pure, evil, and simple.
    such things are never simple.