Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    DEBORA

Cattle dog needs a home

His name is "Mister" about a 6 year old Cattle dog and he lives at a kennel in Sebastopol for 2 years now, as a rescue from the Redwood Coast Cattledog rescue. There are more just like him needing adoption. I have been walking "Mister" just a little visit, once a week for 6 months at least. He has a trauma / abuse background probably involving a man because he was real fearful of men at first, so he was pretty scared & shut down. Now He's coming to life & deserves a home. It would have to be a gentle soul though with a quiet life & fenced yard. He'd be a good buddy & has bonded with me & like treats again, so the light in his eyes is back. I can't keep volunteering since I'm looking for more work & I can't walk away from this guy. Wish I could take him yet my apt. doesn't allow. So please call Debora for more info. 707-787-6228
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Cattle dog needs a home

How wonderful of you to help care for him and bring him "back." My Q though is that my knowledge of cattle dogs is that they are active guys who love to herd and need lots of exercise at the dog park or wherever it's safe to be off leash and do what they like to do. A quiet life in a small yard wouldn't quite work. But maybe Mister is different...since I know you know him best, I hope you don't mind my asking this, and sharing back.
    Good luck with your support in finding him a forever home.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DEBORA: View Post
    His name is "Mister" about a 6 year old Cattle dog and he lives at a kennel in Sebastopol for 2 years now, as a rescue from the Redwood Coast Cattledog rescue. ... It would have to be a gentle soul though with a quiet life & fenced yard. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    gypsey

Re: Cattle dog needs a home

Debora, thanks for replying to me privately explaining Mister's unusual quiet nature. You have truly been dedicated to him. I hope you'll share your observations publicly in response to my earlier post (here)--it might attract someone who will adopt him.

Cheers, Gypsey
    Last edited by Barry; 11-17-2017 at 01:09 PM.