Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    O.W.

Action Alert: HR 2936 Destruction of US forests act

I wanted to alert everyone of a disaster capitalism bill that has already passed the House (232 to 188 ) and is on the way to the Senate that allows destruction, clear cutting and massive herbicide use in all US forests exempting all environmental reviews and litigation. The bill found opportunity after the fires in California to reward politician's donors. Please go to the website for sample letters, info and where to call.

"It was sponsored by Rep. Bruce Westerman (R-Ark.), a licensed forester. So why is this disastrous – surely we all want resilient forests? But no, this is a logging bill, that promotes logging on public lands, guts current environmental protections, undercuts the public process, and is masquerading as a bill to promote forest management and reduce fire risk. It would allow logging in massive units of 10,000-30,000 acres with greatly reduced oversight. "
    Senator Harris: (415) 355 9041
    Senator Feinstein (415) 393-0707
    Last edited by Barry; 11-10-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Action Alert: HR 2936 Destruction of US forests act

Our forests, especially of redwoods and oaks, are what connect us to the heights and the depths. They both anchor us and elevate us.

Such clear cutting and herbicide use as described below damage so much. Here in the Redwood Empire, we are offered so much. As a berry farmer, I receive hundreds of bags of leaves each year from friends, which help keep water in the soil and weeds away. Redwoods connect us with their ancient wisdom. They will hopefully outlast we humans on this wonderful Earth, which is currently being threatened by a potential nuclear exchange.

Many insects are beneficial to food agriculture. When I moved to rural Sebastopol 24 years ago, I planted dozens of redwoods, for various reasons. They provide habitat for diverse insects, who then reduce the few pests on my crops. They also draw down moisture from the sky for irrigation. They provide a fairy circle within which we can gather on the forest floor to learn more about nature's bounty.

Please go to the website and send a letter opposing human damage to our beloved forests.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-10-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: