Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

If you lost a cat in the fire ...

Rest assured, if your animal survived it will be found. Now that the neighborhoods are open there exists an army of volunteers who are feeding, trapping, photographing and cataloging 24 hours a day. One group is even building temporary shelters for those cats who are difficult to catch and a SF cop/animal lover is out at 2am trying to rescue the injured animals. I've never been more impressed with the residents of this county.

This is an album of found cats arranged by color. The shelters can only hold them for 30 days before putting them up for adoption. Please share .. Time is of the essence ... Thank you ...

https://tinyurl.com/y6uyk9qb
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: If you lost a cat in the fire ...

Thank you so much for this information. I wlll be sharing it far and wide. I hope that others will too, even if they don't have lost cats; this is one of those things that we can do to help our community re-unite with their beloved pets who are like family. We would share if they were children, so I'm hoping that people realize that these kitties are like traumatized children, ripped away from their families, and now caged in unfamiliar surroundings. How many will join me and take a few minutes to copy and paste to our FB pages and neighborhood sites?

Prayers without action is like a whisper in the wind. SHARING is the best way to help. "Do unto others....."

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3

Can you be more specific about how to hook up with this army of volunteers, to become one mySelf? I am an outstanding Cat Cuddler with many years of humble service to the felines I favored. Please post anything you know (and other readers, too, please!)
    Thanks for your post!
    Rev.Allorrah Be, CAHt.
    Mobile Minister
    Circles of Light Ministries
    Sebastopol (PeaceTown) California
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Barry; 11-07-2017 at 09:36 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    arthunter

If you wish to volunteer ...

The "fire cats" are being kept at Forgotten Felines, Paradise Pet Resort, Sonoma County Humane Society, and Sonoma County Animal Control.

The bigger, well established agencies will already have volunteers so I would call Forgotten Felines and Paradise Pet Resort first.

Paradise Pet Resort was asking for volunteers from the very beginning and this help would most likely involve keeping the animals comfortable until their owners can be found. Forgotten Felines asked me to advertise their need for people to hang flyers in the affected areas, and I've heard since that they also need more trappers.

The independent efforts are being organized by Jennifer Petruska, [email protected] . They are looking for people to feed at the feeding stations around the burn areas. They are also looking for people to construct simple cat shelters, transport these shelters, hang flyers, etc. etc.etc. ...

There's plenty to do ...

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    arthunter

I asked the coordinator of the volunteer effort, Jennifer Petruska, to prioritize her needs. This was her response.

Jennifer Petruska
    Really hard to prioritize as it all feels like a priority!
    People to go out in early morning and just after dark to photograph cats, post pics and follow up on replies
    Still need people to take my pet recovery stations and manage
    Desperately need top coordinator who can then delegate, to replicate the process in Coffey Park to the other areas: Wikiup, Larkfield, Mark West, Riebli Rd., Fountain Grove, and Bennet Valley.
    People to check storm drains,call out, post to me if getting response
    New stations need to go up in Marlow to 101 area!
    People to trap!
    Found kitty posters to be printed and put up
    Would be great to have a logo or identifier with contact info to go on shelters
    After dark contact for recovered pets...who to go to and where to go if animal is injured...my contact at FF is unavailable after 5pm
    And multiple smaller things but those are the big ones...thank you so much!