Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Digma

iTunes frustration...need some advise/help

Hi there.
    I'm having a frustrating situation with iTunes and I'd really appreciate some quick advise from a pro. I have a feeling that this problem is due to a simple oversight on my part, so I don't expect it to take long to fix. We could probably do it over the phone or via email, but if that doesn't work I'd be more than happy to pay around $20 for you to visit me at my Petaluma home and get more hands on. I don't expect it to take longer than a half hour.

Here's the problem:

1) When I click on a song to play it, iTunes continuously states that it cannot find the original file, even though the song is located in the correct folder.

2) When I try to change the location of the iTunes music folder (Edit/Preferences/Advanced), it doesn't do it.

I'm stumped. Would love some advice.

Thanks!

-Stephanie 280-5468
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    spaceforart

Re: iTunes frustration...need some advise/help

Quote Posted in reply to the post by steph:
    Hi there.
    I'm having a frustrating situation with iTunes and I'd really appreciate some quick advise from a pro. I have a feeling that this problem is due to a simple oversight on my part, so I don't expect it to take long to fix. We could probably do it over the phone or via email, but if that doesn't work I'd be more than happy to pay around $20 for you to visit me at my Petaluma home and get more hands on. I don't expect it to take longer than a half hour.

Here's the problem:

1) When I click on a song to play it, iTunes continuously states that it cannot find the original file, even though the song is located in the correct folder.

2) When I try to change the location of the iTunes music folder (Edit/Preferences/Advanced), it doesn't do it.

I'm stumped. Would love some advice.

Thanks!

-Stephanie 280-5468
    Hi Stephanie,

First see if the song file is in the main library, if not put a copy there.
    Next, if you haven't done an online update of iTunes the earlier versions had some bugs, try that. Also the applestore website has great help sections. Alan
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email