Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    hawaiianiris

Smoke Masks available

Hi everyone- My daughter and I have been evacuated and displaced by the fires from the most horrible smoke imaginable. I have a serious heart condition and have to wear a mask now. I wanted to help others and pay it forward. I put together all the money I had and ordered 120 3M 95 respirator masks to give to anyone needing one. Amazon is delivering them tomorrow to where I am staying in Cotati. And I have another order coming in on Friday. If you know anyone needing a mask please have them contact me 707-889-4434..and I will make sure they get one. It is very important to wear a mask now to keep our lungs healthy- and especially the elderly and others who are compromised.

I posted my offer on my local nextdoor- (rincon valley, bennett valley and oakmont). A lady called me who has a nursing home on calistoga road that got evacuated so they moved all the elderly patients to their other nursing home in the junior college area and there are now 16 living in that home without masks as all the stores are out and they are in desperate need. I will be getting 20 masks to them immediately tomorrow and they were almost in tears. I can't even imagine being out here without a mask and especially the homeless.
    Please help me make sure everyone who needs a mask has one. If anyone would like to help me purchase more masks from amazon that would be great and would be greatly appreciated. Amazon is offering free overnight shipping to us. You could order them from amazon and ship them to me here in cotati or paypal me and I will get the masks out to those in need. paypal is [email protected]
    Thank you for helping one mask at a time. (who would have ever imagined this would be happening- but this is such a priority for our health- and a great way to help others in need)
    have a nice day.
    janise
    Attached Files
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Smoke Masks available

I just found some pretty good masks at Sebastopol Ace Hardware on Hiway #116... they were going like pancakes at the Firehouse Breakfast!! Thank you so much for helping in this way. I ran down to Rite Aid yesterday and got a bunch for our senior residents here at Burbank Heights & Orchards. However, what Rite Aid sells is really inadequate for this kind of toxic smoke, so I advise the kind I got at Sebastopol Ace. For some reason, I just got a loose one handed to me over the counter when I inquired, so I don't even know the name of the item or manufacturer or whatever. But it's padded, double straps, metal piece that bends to conform to nose, etc.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-13-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email