Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Kevind

tiny house contacts

I'd appreciate contact information for any local builders of tiny houses, or for that matter, anyone who has one or is building or acquiring one, or is open to renting space to someone with a tiny house.

While watching a Warriors game at Hippizzazz a few months ago (a great, very friendly pizza place right next to the Sebastopol post office, by the way), I shared the counter with a guy who said he built tiny houses but didn't get his information.

Feel free to respond publicly or offline, if you prefer. kevind at sonic dot net.

Thanks in advance.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    cocreator

Re: tiny house contacts

Hi Kevin,

Jay Shafer is one of the original tiny house designers; he used to be based in Sebastopol, and gave monthly tours of his own tiny house. His company is in Sonoma now, so not that far away: Tumbleweed Tiny Houses

All the best!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kevind: View Post
    I'd appreciate contact information for any local builders of tiny houses, or for that matter, anyone who has one or is building or acquiring one, or is open to renting space to someone with a tiny house.

While watching a Warriors game at Hippizzazz a few months ago (a great, very friendly pizza place right next to the Sebastopol post office, by the way), I shared the counter with a guy who said he built tiny houses but didn't get his information.

Feel free to respond publicly or offline, if you prefer. kevind at sonic dot net.

Thanks in advance.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    terijane

Hi Kevin, just a correction: Jay sold Tumbleweed a few years ago and now can be reached @ www.fourlightshouses.com. He might be building and/or can refer you to someone. A year or so ago I found a few tiny houses being built in Sebastopol at what I think was the outside builder space at Chimera Arts & Maker Space @ 6791 Hwy 12. I never spoke to the builder but maybe they would know him there. After 5 years (!) of planning & research, I will soon have my TH built in Oregon. I'd love to offer anything I know to start you on your journey!
    Smiles, Teri

5. TopTop #4
    cocreator

Hi Teri,

Jay may have sold the business, but Tumbleweed is still a viable tiny house company. Check the link in my first response; it opens to a current site, with contact info.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2017 at 10:43 AM.