Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Graton Fire

Fireworks - Illiegal in West County

As a reminder, fireworks of any kind are illegal in Western Sonoma County. The ONLY exception is within the CITY limits of Sebastopol. Having a Sebastopol mailing address is not the same as being within the city limits. And even there, only certain 'sane' style are okay (i.e., don't blow up or leave the ground).

The grass is dry and all of the west county fire agencies are responding to multiple vegetation fires daily... help us protect our communities by not using fireworks of any kind. Thank you,

Bill Bullard, Fire Chief
    Graton Fire Department
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Fireworks - Illiegal in West County

On behalf of my dog and my sound trauma, I want to appreciate the Graton Fire Chief for this email. The loud and threatening fireworks at this time of year make our lives miserable here in rural Sebastopol, as we literally duck for cover. Please think before committing this crime, which threatens your two-legged and four-legged neighbors well-being.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-03-2017 at 12:55 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

5. TopTop #3
    pearl g

Should be illegal everywhere. Remember as a child how wonderful fireworks were?
    There is a fascinating history of fireworks. For example, China's love affair with this tradition is almost understandable.
    Let's wake up people! This display of patriotism, which represents bombs is dumb on so many levels. Domestic and wild animals, especially birds, are traumatized. Air pollution and noise pollution are only partly responsible for my recent distain of fireworks.
    I understand there is a great amount of joy people feel and a great deal of money involved in the Holiday industry. I pray fireworks are gone or at least rare in my lifetime.

6. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

7. TopTop #4
    geomancer

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pearl g: View Post
    Should be illegal everywhere. Remember as a child how wonderful fireworks were?...
    I grew up in the 1950's - we had Roman candles. M80s, aerial bombs, cherry bombs, bottle rockets, fuck the sparklers. Roman candle duels at dusk! Of course a few fools damaged themselves and ruined things for the rest of us. Silver salutes punched into apples made great hand grenades when playing war - apple mush flew everywhere, so satisfying. BTW, I grew up to be a pacifist, so no damage done.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-05-2017 at 11:53 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by: