Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Seeking to re-home a year-old, small dog

One of my dog's long-time friends is seeking to re-home her small, young dog Kai, as below. I have had this dog at my farm and she has played well with my dog. If re-homing this dog might interest you, please send me an email to [email protected], and I can forward that to her. She can send you photos of this small, attractive, interesting dog.

We rescued Kai, she is a year old and we think she is a chihuahua mix. We also have another dog, whom we rescued, who has been through a lot, including abuse, in her past. We have had her for over two years now, and she has come so far. We knew that she and Kai may not become best friends, and we were okay with that. Unfortunately, it has gone past this point. Our other dog is very sensitive and can revert very easily when stressed. We have noticed she is now stressed all the time with Kai's presence. When she is in this state, she will not eat, she will hide in a ball, and is reverting back to the state she was like when we first got her. This is not what we want for her, as we have to separate them, and this is not fair for either of them. So, we are looking for a new home for Kai.

Kai is a great dog. We rescued her from a situation where she was kept indoors all day, basically being kept like a cat (living on potty pads, food left out all day, etc), and we knew she needed a better life. She has a lot of energy, and we get her energy out with two walks a day, trips to the park so she can run, and she LOVES to play with toys. She does still have that puppy energy, but she can also be calm and she is very quiet, only barking to alert or sometimes when she is playing. She is potty trained, eager to learn new things, she lets you give her baths, and she is very friendly. She walks great on a leash and takes corrections well. She has been friendly with all dogs she has met and when she meets cats, you just have to let her know they do not want to play, and she is fine. She has been around five cats, and she has never wanted to hurt them.

This, of course, was not the situation we thought we would ever be in, but unfortunately, this is the best decision for both of them. Please contact us if you think you are the right home for Kai, and please ask any questions you may have.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Seeking to re-home a year-old, small dog

Thank you for caring so much! Please reach out to the breed and breed-rescue associations appropriate for Kai. They are trained to assess Kai's temperament and needs and make the right match.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-22-2017 at 01:17 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: Seeking to re-home a year-old, small dog

Kai seems to have found a new home with a family. Yea!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    Thank you for caring so much! Please reach out to the breed and breed-rescue associations appropriate for Kai. They are trained to assess Kai's temperament and needs and make the right match.

6. Gratitude expressed by: