Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

A Trump Nominee for 40 years (or more)

"When pigs fly."

That's my answer to anyone who asks me whether or not Donald Trump deserves to pick the next Supreme Court justice.

So you can imagine my utter delight in news that a growing number of Senate Democrats—likely fortified by last week's amazing people-powered health care victory—are now vowing to filibuster Trump's ultra-right-wing Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, and block him from a lifetime seat on our nation’s most powerful court.
    But conservative donors are outspending us 20-to-1, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell just said that he'd try to force a vote on Gorsuch as soon as Friday.1,2

So once again, I turn to MoveOn for its strategy and leadership. MoveOn members just fought and helped win the battle to save health care for 24 million Americans (at least for now), a fight MoveOn presciently picked in early December, when most pundits thought the Affordable Care Act was a lost cause. Today, I'm asking MoveOn to help save the Supreme Court.

MoveOn's team has been working around the clock since Trump's election (and I know this because they email me at all hours!). Sustaining such relentless work requires serious resources. That's why I'm asking you to join me in becoming a resistance sustainer by chipping in $5 each month. Will you join me?

Yes, I'm with you!
    No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.

You and I have experienced just over two months of Trump’s wreckage. A Gorsuch appointment could extend this horror show for a full 40 years ... or more.

With your support, MoveOn won’t let that happen. Here's the winning plan in two parts:

• Support Senate Democrats willing to go to the mat and filibuster Gorsuch. MoveOn's superpower is its ability to mobilize a massively effective Democratic base. When Senate Democrats unite—thanks to the unparalleled efforts of MoveOn and its members—Democrats will have the power to deny Gorsuch the 60 votes needed for confirmation.

• Wedge open and expose the complete illegitimacy of Trump's tanking presidency to weaken GOP resolve. MoveOn's team is exploiting every weakness in Trump's house of cards to drive down the wherewithal of GOP senators to press for a so-called nuclear option to force Gorsuch through. Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannon, Devin Nunes ... you name 'em. MoveOn's team is looking under every proverbial rock for wrongdoing and sounding the alarm, creating pressure for Republican senators to distance themselves from this administration.
    Continues here

Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: