Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Full Secret Explosive Document regarding Trump collusion with Russians

Here's BuzzFeed's article on the secret dossier detailing Trump's collusion with Russia.

Here's the New York Times article about the document, including what they know and don't know about it.

You can see the full 35 page document here (safely stored on a WaccoBB account ). It makes riveting reading! You just read the highlighted passages in 5 or 10 minutes and have your mind blown!

Here's the summary from the first page:

Talk about de-legitimizing a president! Wow!
    Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Re: Full Secret Explosive Document regarding Trump collusion with Russians

Hmm. I'm been following this as well. And let's be clear- a LOT of the good left news sources are urging extreme caution with this.
    There are numerous things here that will likely never be provable, at least not for decades, one way or another. But there are several things that don't seem to check out.

The sad thing is there are, quite possibly, a lot of kernels of truth here. But it is looking like a padded, politicaly motivated piece. Which will end up doing more harm then good. (and if you want to be a conspiracy theorist- maybe THAT was the point).

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Karl Frederick

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post
    But it is looking like a padded, politicaly motivated piece. Which will end up doing more harm then good. (and if you want to be a conspiracy theorist- maybe THAT was the point).
    Glenn Greenwald agrees . . .
    The concluding paragraphs of his current article in The Intercept, titledThe Deep State Goes to War with President-Elect, Using Unverified Claims, as Democrats Cheer
    read as follows:

"All of the claims about Russia’s interference in U.S. elections and ties to Trump should be fully investigated by a credible body, and the evidence publicly disclosed to the fullest extent possible. As my colleague Sam Biddle argued last week after disclosure of the farcical intelligence community report on Russia hacking — one which even Putin’s foes mocked as a bad joke — the utter lack of evidence for these allegations means “we need an independent, resolute inquiry.” But until then, assertions that are unaccompanied by evidence and disseminated anonymously should be treated with the utmost skepticism — not lavished with convenience-driven gullibility.

Most important of all, the legitimate and effective tactics for opposing Trump are being utterly drowned by these irrational, desperate, ad hoc crusades that have no cogent strategy and make his opponents appear increasingly devoid of reason and gravity. Right now, Trump’s opponents are behaving as media critic Adam Johnson described: as ideological jelly fish, floating around aimlessly and lost, desperately latching on to whatever barge randomly passes by.

There are solutions to Trump. They involve reasoned strategizing and patient focus on issues people actually care about. Whatever those solutions are, venerating the intelligence community, begging for its intervention, and equating their dark and dirty assertions as Truth are most certainly not among them. Doing that cannot possibly achieve any good, and is already doing much harm."

6. TopTop #4
    jcrawgen

There are many facets to Trump's connections to Russia. Many are very well concealed. It could be a large conspiracy, of course, or simply a financial factor for him and his family. I choose the later as an explanation.
    On another face, if one compares the behavior, and direction that this president is taking. it does appear to be a power grab, or concentration of power in him. Albright's book on fascism does make a lot of sense. It is particularly relevant that she has so much real experience with this pattern of behavior in leadership.
    It is sad, to me, that so many Americans are so uneducated, and so easily led down a path of division. The People's History of the United States is somewhat ugly peek at what can happen, and what does happen if we don't get involved.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    Damage

Barry, I was in the military along time. I delt with Unclassified, Classified, Secret and Top Secret all the time. This looks fake to me. Looks like they tried to do a good job but I would be highly suspicious of it.

Even the Buzzfed article stated: A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations.
    The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians.

Now granted, they probably have to say that so they don’t get sued.
    i don’t like Trump too much. But this looks like crap. Give me three days and I can type something up to make it look like Hillary killed Kennedy.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    wisewomn

Damage, I think it's already being done ("make it look like Hillary killed Kennedy") Ron Dwyer posted on his FB page part of an alleged newspaper clipping claiming: "In the months before JFK's assassination, he was pursuing Peace With Russia. The Deep State started a smear campaign, calling him a traitor and a Russia stooge. Now they are doing the same to President Trump. Coincidence???" https://www.facebook.com/rondwyerset...recordstraight (warning: he's very Right-wing.) It reminds me of something Swami Beyondananda/Steve Bhaerman said recently: "The Republicans like to be told lies. The Democrats like to lie to themselves."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Damage: View Post
    Barry, I was in the military along time. I delt with Unclassified, Classified, Secret and Top Secret all the time. This looks fake to me. Looks like they tried to do a good job but I would be highly suspicious of it.

Even the Buzzfed article stated: A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations.
    The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians.

Now granted, they probably have to say that so they don’t get sued.
    i don’t like Trump too much. But this looks like crap. Give me three days and I can type something up to make it look like Hillary killed Kennedy.