Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Use CAUTION when crossing SMART tracks!! Potential DANGER from no horn or lights at times

This was reported on a Rohnert Park community BB, and has happened to two people who posted it. It may have happened to others who don't think about posting these incidents, and may not be on Internet BBs.

"I crossed the tracks a few weeks ago over on Southwest Blvd. and looked to my right and the train was right there HUGE as anything with the bright light shining....NOT FAR FROM ME AT ALL!! There was NO TRAIN HORN, NO LIGHTS FLASHING AND NO CROSSING ARMS DOWN! NOTHING! and my daughter is a witness to that."

Be INFORMED! Be AWARE! Proceed with CAUTION when approaching the tracks
    . The life you save may be yours or your loved one's.

Please SHARE this with anyone you know who may come into Rohnert Park to shop, attend events at the Green Music Center or do anything that may cause them to cross the tracks. This is a "clear and present" danger! We can't assume that the operators won't make mistakes that can cost our lives.

I cross these tracks frequently, and now I won't be assuming that someone is watching out for me, as I have prior to reading this post!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: Use CAUTION when crossing SMART tracks!! Potential DANGER from no horn or lights at t

They are still testing the system. I found this report of problems that they are finding, including issues with crossings: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...h-smart-train/

Engine Flaws, Crossing Signal Problems Delay Launch Of North Bay SMART Train

October 15, 2016 8:39 AM
    SANTA ROSA (CBS SF) — Commuter train service between Santa Rosa and San Rafael has been delayed from late this year to at least spring 2017, the Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit District said Friday.

An underlying design flaw in the crankshaft of the diesel engine that will operate the SMART train cars is one reason for the delay, SMART district’s General Manager Farhad Mansourian said.
    The District also needs more time for testing its warning devices at the 63 grade crossings along the 43-mile line between Santa Rosa and San Rafael, Mansourian said.

Continues here
    Last edited by Barry; 11-18-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: