Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Trump Supporters Threaten Violence--NY Times

Some Donald Trump Voters Warn of Revolution if Hillary Clinton Wins
    By ASHLEY PARKER and NICK CORASANITIOCT. 27, 2016

COLORADO SPRINGS — Big crowds still mob Donald J. Trump when he comes to town, with fans waiting in long lines to attend his rallies, where they eagerly jeer his Democratic rival and holler happily at his message.

But beneath the cheering, a new emotion is taking hold among some Trump supporters as they grapple with reports predicting that he will lose the election: a dark fear about what will happen if their candidate is denied the White House. Some worry that they will be forgotten, along with their concerns and frustrations. Others believe the nation may be headed for violent conflict.

Jared Halbrook, 25, of Green Bay, Wis., said that if Mr. Trump lost to Hillary Clinton, which he worried would happen through a stolen election, it could lead to “another Revolutionary War.”

“People are going to march on the capitols,” said Mr. Halbrook, who works at a call center. “They’re going to do whatever needs to be done to get her out of office, because she does not belong there.”

“If push comes to shove,” he added, and Mrs. Clinton “has to go by any means necessary, it will be done.”

Interviews with more than 50 Trump supporters at campaign events in six states over the past week revealed a distinct change from the rollicking mood earlier this year, when Mr. Trump’s surprising primary successes and emergence as an unconventional Republican standard-bearer set off broad excitement. The crowds appeared on edge and quick to lash out.

And while some voters emphatically disputed polls suggesting that Mrs. Clinton would win, others offered an apocalyptic vision of what life would be like if she did.

“It’s not what I’m going to do, but I’m scared that the country is going to go into a riot,” said Roger Pillath, 75, a retired teacher from Coleman, Wis. “I’ve never seen the country so divided, just black and white — there’s no compromise whatsoever. The Clinton campaign says together we are stronger, but there’s no together. The country has never been so divided. I’m looking at revolution right now.”

Roger Pillath, a Trump supporter, at his home in Coleman, Wis. “It’s not what I’m going to do,” he said of what might happen if Hillary Clinton wins, “but I’m scared that the country is going to go into a riot.”

Continues here
    Last edited by Barry; 10-28-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Trump Supporters Threaten Violence--NY Times

Amy Goodman reports the following on her daily radio/TV program Democracy Now.

Ex-GOP Congressmember: "If Trump Loses, I'm Grabbing My Musket”
    OCTOBER 27, 2016 HEADLINES

In other campaign news, a former Republican congressmember has threatened to grab his musket if Trump loses in the election. Former Illinois Congressmember Joe Walsh tweeted, "On November 8th, I’m voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I’m grabbing my musket. You in?" The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence condemned Walsh’s tweet. The group’s president, Dan Gross, said, "Joe Walsh’s continued vile and violent rhetoric has no place in our political discussion."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: