Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    LilithR

West County and Harmony Union High School Districts candidates??

Does anyone have any advice on who to vote for in the West County Union High School district and Harmony Union, too?
    Last edited by Barry; 10-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Henry Goff

Re: West County and Harmony Union High School Districts candidates??

I am Henry Goff, and I am running for the Harmony Board of Trustees. I have been on the Board for 11 years and I am committed to keeping the School District fiscally solvent while supporting staff and continuing our mission. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

I wrote a statement in the Voters' guide (and sample ballot) which you can review. Here is a statement I wrote and sent to the voters who have given their email addresses to the Registrar of Voters:

Dear Voter,
    I am your neighbor and current Trustee for the Harmony Union School District. I got your email address from the public records at the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters.

I am writing to ask for your vote for Trustee of the Harmony Union School District.

I have served on the Board for twelve years and I am very proud of our School. We have maintained high achievement levels for the student attending our school and we have provided a safe and nurturing environment for their growth. During my tenure, we have encouraged participation from student families, staff and community members to develop the mission and goals of the School. As a Board we have implemented those goals, including “Place-based Education” learning strategies to create a connection between the students and their local environment.

We are using a “Big Buddy” system to create a connection between the older and younger students at the school. Bullying is minimal at our School now.

We have a wonderful garden where the students raise vegetables and teachers incorporate learning activities for students. We also have a wonderful cafeteria and Farm-to-School lunch program using food grown by local farmers to supplement our school lunches.

Our Budget has been carefully managed over the years, and while maintaining a healthy reserve, we provide salaries and benefits which are among the highest in the County.

As a Certified Public Accountant, one of my focal points is maintaining a healthy spending level while facilitating and encouraging our staff to create innovative programs which conform to the State Education Standards.

Please vote for Henry Goff, Harmony District School Trustee.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    b.w. rose

The Sonoma County Democratic Party has endorsed incumbents Ted Walker and Diane Landry for re-election to the West County High School board.

It did not make any other endorsements in school board races in west Sonoma County.

A full list of the party endorsements is here:

https://www.sonomademocrats.info/who...crats-endorse/

Bleys W. Rose
    Chair, Sonoma County Democratic Party

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LilithR: View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on who to vote for in the West County Union High School district and Harmony Union, too?
    Last edited by Barry; 10-20-2016 at 05:57 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

The Sonoma West Times and News published a profile of each of the candidates for West Sonoma County Union High School District .

Incumbents Diane Landry and Ted Walker are challenged for their own seats by former Analy High School English teacher Eric Kirchmann and former WSCUHSD three-term board member Jeanne Bassett-Fernandes.