Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Gail Raborn

The Phoenix Journey: Rebirth After Trauma

The Phoenix Journey: Rebirth After Trauma
    by Gail Raborn, CHT.

Struggling out of the haze of anesthesia, my body felt heavy, deadened. Every cell screamed at me. I was too groggy to react to the anxious faces around my hospital bed, too dazed to understand the nurses asking me how I felt. When I was clear enough to realize the kind of surgery I’d just received, I was furious and totally, unbelievably, betrayed! Only my lumbar spine had needed fusion, not my entire spine! My doctor had lied to me, and performed a surgery I’d not wanted, needed, nor agreed to. I’d somehow become a guinea pig for his study of radical spinal fusions.

But I was stuck with it. As I lay in my hospital bed, totally miserable, with 99 staples in my spine, I realized I’d never again dance, horseback ride, sit on the grass, cross my legs, run, play sports, bike, cut my own toenails, or take care of various personal needs.
    I knew I was dying...
    I knew I’d have to live with the constant danger of falls, since my balance would always be dramatically impaired Yet I’d felt guided to have this surgery! Now I wondered why?

A week later in a Rehab hospital, after daily working with a physical therapist, I awoke and couldn’t move, lift a fork, or get out of bed due overwhelming pain in every cell. The immense number of drugs I was taking fogged my brain, so I couldn’t help heal myself through self-hypnosis or energy work. I knew I was dying, for I could feel my cells turning off like light switches.

My nurses didn’t know what to do, and my pain doctor discounted the severity of my situation. I felt spiritually abandoned with nary an Angel or Spirit Guide in sight. I resigned myself to death, broken and hopeless.

But late that night I awoke with a beautiful group of Spirit Beings at my bedside, plus a Spirit fox, deer, rabbit and coyote. A stern-faced Native American man knelt at my bed foot, a quiet sentinel, holding a tall bow with a sheaf of arrows on his back. Not at all afraid, I watched them all, fascinated.

“At last you’re awake”, said the lovely Spirit Leader, as she walked over to me. “We’re here to help you. You’re moving into a new level of consciousness, a rebirth, a new life direction”.

For hours, her group filled me with healing energy, love and light. Then just before they left, my fear of death was confirmed.

“You’re being poisoned by a bad drug interaction”, the Spirit leader said. “If you don’t ring your nurse immediately to tell your doctor to change your meds, you will surely die.”

She proved right: I called the night nurse, she contacted my doctor, my meds were changed, and my life was saved.

Since then, my body and my life has radically transformed: I’ve gone through the Phoenix fire of rebirth. As a hypnotherapist and healer, I specialize now in helping those badly damaged by illness, injury, or surgery to regain their joy of life, develop courage and self-love, discover the beauty of their changed body, and to learn
    Since then, my body and my life
    has radically transformed:
    I’ve gone through the
    Phoenix fire of rebirth.
    self-healing. My own life and radically changed body provide my inspiration and my continuing education.

My life has been an ongoing journey through death and rebirth. Each rebirth, I’ve arisen from the ashes of my old life like a Phoenix, with more advanced goals, spiritual awareness, and new gifts of wisdom and learning. Each time, Spirit beings have told me I’ll get the healing I need through helping others to heal. I call this experience, The Phoenix Journey.

My first Re-birth was in 1971. Due to major child abuse, I’d been suicidal for years; but on a blustery, stormy day in January in Fort Bragg, CA, I decided it was time to drown myself in the fierce ocean waves off the Mendocino headlands.

Then a miracle happened. Running through a cloudburst towards my VW bug, I slipped and fell in front of a huge truck. Time slowed down, and I fell in slow motion, like leaves fall from a tree in autumn, while I watched huge truck tires approach my head. I felt relief that my death would not be deemed suicide, but an accident.
    Suddenly, a powerful force swooped beneath me, lifted me high in the air, moved me to the sidewalk, flipped me over, and dropped me gently onto the hood of my car. Dazed but unhurt, I lay there gasping for breath as the truck rumbled past. As I staggered off to a cafe to ponder this miracle, I knew I was worthless, knew I deserved to die! Why was I saved?

I sipped steaming coffee with shaking hands. A quiet voice inside said that I had work to do, that I did have purpose, something important to give to others,
    He said,
    “By healing others
    you’ll get the
    healing you need”
    and that I must discover what that was. So I did, for I knew I had healing hands. Within six months, I was reborn as the first licensed Massage Therapist and Energy Worker on the North Mendocino coast.

In l976, a second Rebirth began when an Spirit being garbed in sparkling colored light awoke me while I was sleeping in an attic bedroom in London; I planned to leave the next day for India, to find a guru and travel then around the world. As I sat on the bed’s edge, he told me I’d taken a detour off my path as a healer; he said I was running away from healing my deep emotional wounds by indulging in too many psychedelics and wild sex. After hours of teaching me about karmic laws, and showing me visions of a dismal future of crippling illness if I traveled to India, he advised me to go to Amsterdam. He said, “By healing others you’ll get the healing you need”.

How could I argue with an Angel? So I spent 12 years, living and working in Amsterdam, receiving intense therapy, and becoming professionally trained as a psychotherapist. My Rebirth included burning away my old suicidal depression, fears and self-hatred, leaving me with self-love and a strong positive sense of self.

In l983, a near-death experience due to hypothermia, in the sand dunes of the North Sea, forced me into a third Rebirth. The Angel at heaven’s door told me I didn’t have to die - it was my choice. Upon reflection, I realized that I still had much to learn about compassion, that I was far too selfish and self centered. So I turned back, and awoke in my lover’s arms, his face wet with tears of relief. He said I’d been dead for five minutes; no pulse, breath, or discernible heart beat. This Rebirth opened me to deeper empathy, generosity, kindness and forgiveness.

The Phoenix Journey, and Rebirth as a Phoenix, offer tremendous gifts and opportunities for growth. Rich rewards of wisdom, growth, expanded creativity, courage, patience, healing, profound Spiritual connection - and an expanded heart - lie ahead.

If you are on the edge of a Phoenix Journey, surrender to it: know that Divine Spirit and your Spiritual Helpers will guide you through the death of your old life and into Rebirth as a Phoenix. Trust, and you’ll find a new world blossoming within and around you. You’ll be able to fly higher than you ever believed possible.

Gail Raborn, CHt: Clinical and Medical Hypnotherapist, Certified Psychotherapist, Certified Guided Imagery Guide, Intuitive, Storyteller and Public Speaker. Call for info or a session at: 707-827-3615
    or write me at: [email protected] FIRST SESSION IS FREE!
    Gail offers sessions by phone, in her home office in Santa Rosa plus offers home visits. She offers reduced rates for those in need. See her website: www.telehealing.com
    Last edited by Gail Raborn; 06-06-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email