Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    harry

easements and shared roads,& the grape industry

Hello harry here and I am wondering if others have experienced the unmitigated gall of some neighbors, and mostly nonresident vineyard owning,property,persons who constantly move heavy farm equipment across easements,or down small country roads ,never built for modern industrial grape production. Damage to road has been constant for 20 years and it is difficult to attache blame on the perpatraitor. Small vine plot owners often do not pay for road maintenance ,in relation to use. The grape greed, agg business is a protected class of people in this state of being. The workers and owners of vineyardmanagment companies feel it is their private right to trash others property with damage and overspray ,to serve their customer.

Any feed back or solutions? Thank you, Harry
    Last edited by Barry; 08-08-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: easements and shared roads,& the grape industry

Hi Harry & others,
    Yes, it has also been my experience the mostly nonresident vineyard owners do substantial damage to our rural narrow roads. I like your term "grape greed," which it is indeed. Many wine-makers do seem to think of themselves as entitled, as if they were wine barons. Pesticides can indeed travel for a long ways and damage people. The wine industry needs to be pulled back, before it does more damage, in my opinion.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by harry: View Post
    Hello harry here and I am wondering if others have experienced the unmitigated gall of some neighbors, and mostly nonresident vineyard owning,property,persons who constantly move heavy farm equipment across easements,or down small country roads ,never built for modern industrial grape production....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: