Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Wanda

Seeking LMT for deep tissue work

I am in need of a really good massage therapist that is licensed and able to do
    deep tissue work - the person needs to be able to bill the insurance company as
    it is an auto accident that I am trying to heal from - I have a referral from my doctor
    for this work

Please call me at (707) 703-2199 or email me via here

Thank You!
    Wanda
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    wisewomn

Re: Seeking LMT for deep tissue work

Wanda, if you haven't already done so, please check with the responsible driver's insurance company to see if they will cover the massage, how long the massages can be, how much the ins. co. will pay, and how many. If you can, get it in writing and the name of the person you spoke to.

I am a licensed MT and I have done billing of insurance companies for people hurt in car accidents in the past. However, a few years ago, unbeknownst to me, the insurance companies all decided they weren't going to pay for massage any more. At the time I had been working in good faith on an accident victim with a doctor's prescription for massage. But her insurance co. refused to pay for it as did the insurance co. for the other at-fault driver. Fortunately, my client took it upon herself to pay me or I would have been out of luck.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Wanda: View Post
    I am in need of a really good massage therapist that is licensed and able to do
    deep tissue work - the person needs to be able to bill the insurance company ...

3. TopTop #3
    marcia

Re: Seeking LMT for deep tissue work

I think it depends on the insurance company. I was rear ended and my car totaled last year. The other person's insurance was AAA and they have offered to pay all massage and chiro. The chiro included the massage as part of the recommended services and there was ZERO static from AAA.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Wanda, if you haven't already done so, please check with the responsible driver's insurance company to see if they will cover the massage, how long the massages can be, how much the ins. co. will pay, and how many. If you can, get it in writing and the name of the person you spoke to.

I am a licensed MT and I have done billing of insurance companies for people hurt in car accidents in the past. However, a few years ago, unbeknownst to me, the insurance companies all decided they weren't going to pay for massage any more. At the time I had been working in good faith on an accident victim with a doctor's prescription for massage. But her insurance co. refused to pay for it as did the insurance co. for the other at-fault driver. Fortunately, my client took it upon herself to pay me or I would have been out of luck.

4. Gratitude expressed by: