Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    twodogs

Do you think the Press Democrat will run this NYT story

Seems one of the PD's major investors, Sandy Weill, has been named in a New York Times investigative piece. The question is will the PD run it.

Here's a few excerpts

For many of its American clients, Mossack Fonseca offered a how-to guide of sorts on skirting or evading United States tax and financial disclosure laws.
    These transactions and others like them for a stable of wealthy clients from the United States are outlined in extraordinary detail in the trove of internal Mossack Fonseca documents known as the Panama Paper
    The firm’s American client list does not appear to include the sort of high-profile political figures who have emerged from reporting on the Panama Papers in many other countries around the world.
    But the services offered by Mossack Fonseca, with 500 employees in more than 30 offices worldwide, were in high demand by the rich and famous in the United States.
    In 2001, Sanford I. Weill, then the chief of Citigroup, set up an offshore account called April Fool for his yacht.
    A spokesman for Mr. Weill said the accounts were used for legitimate purposes, and “appropriate disclosures were filed.” Mr. Akridge and Mr. Soriano did not respond to repeated requests for comment.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    rossmen

Re: Do you think the Press Democrat will run this NYT story

I will never go to the hall he bought with empirical bucks. He would be prosecuted in iceland. Our local viking raider, anyone who plays music there loses my respect. Thank the goddess there are so many choices in the RE!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by twodogs: View Post
    Seems one of the PD's major investors, Sandy Weill, has been named in a New York Times investigative piece. The question is will the PD run it....

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    wisewomn

Re: Do you think the Press Democrat will run this NYT story

Well, I for one am not holding my breath.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by twodogs: View Post
    Seems one of the PD's major investors, Sandy Weill, has been named in a New York Times investigative piece. The question is will the PD run it.

Here's a few excerpts

For many of its American clients, Mossack Fonseca offered a how-to guide of sorts on skirting or evading United States tax and financial disclosure laws.
    These transactions and others like them for a stable of wealthy clients from the United States are outlined in extraordinary detail in the trove of internal Mossack Fonseca documents known as the Panama Paper
    The firm’s American client list does not appear to include the sort of high-profile political figures who have emerged from reporting on the Panama Papers in many other countries around the world.
    But the services offered by Mossack Fonseca, with 500 employees in more than 30 offices worldwide, were in high demand by the rich and famous in the United States.
    In 2001, Sanford I. Weill, then the chief of Citigroup, set up an offshore account called April Fool for his yacht.
    A spokesman for Mr. Weill said the accounts were used for legitimate purposes, and “appropriate disclosures were filed.” Mr. Akridge and Mr. Soriano did not respond to repeated requests for comment.