Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    CSummer

Mumps Being Spread by and Among Vaccinated People

A video and article by Dr Mercola:

Vaccines are a very lucrative business. Pfizer's vaccine Prevnar, which targets 13 strains of pneumococcus bacteria, generated $6.25 billion in revenue last year. And that's just one vaccine.

Even ineffective vaccines allow vaccine makers to make a mint. One of the most obvious vaccine failures is the mumps vaccine (part of the measles, mumps, rubella, aka MMR).

Again and again, outbreaks among vaccinated populations occur, yet rarely is the truth of the situation addressed, namely the fact that the vaccine is ineffective and doesn't work as advertised.

In 2010, two virologists filed a federal lawsuit against Merck, their former employer, alleging the vaccine maker engaged in improper testing and data falsification to artificially inflate the efficacy rating of their mumps vaccine.

See rest of article and video here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Mumps Being Spread by and Among Vaccinated People

I went to the link you provided and it was a polemic by the infamous Dr. Mercola, a known charlatan, from his website. If you really believe this is an important public health issue, please do your due diligence and recite responsible sources.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CSummer: View Post
    A video and article by Dr Mercola:....
    Last edited by Barry; 05-13-2016 at 12:14 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Gypsy, Would you please cite sources that prove Mercola to be a charlatan? And why he hasn't been prosecuted for crimes that I'm unaware of? Or has he been, but like Martha Stewart, still allowed to deceive and thieve? What about Dr. Oz? He seems to be an obvious charlatan. What do you know about him?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    I went to the link you provided and it was a polemic by the infamous Dr. Mercola, a known charlatan, from his website. If you really believe this is an important public health issue, please do your due diligence and recite responsible sources.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Gypsy, Would you please cite sources that prove Mercola to be a charlatan? And why he hasn't been prosecuted for crimes that I'm unaware of? Or has he been, but like Martha Stewart, still allowed to deceive and thieve? What about Dr. Oz? He seems to be an obvious charlatan. What do you know about him?
    it's a free country. Charlatans, obvious or not, make a good living here, and only the most egregious thievery and deception are illegal. Actually, that's not really true. A lot of egregious thievery and deception is perfectly legal, and some very mild deceptions are criminalized. It's a weird country, besides being 'free' (whatever that means anyway).

and anyway, what do you imagine it would take for you to accept a source as legitimate, if it claimed Mercola was a charlatan?? there are plenty out there, and I'm sure you don't find any convincing.

8. TopTop #5
    gypsey

Shandi,

All of the sources that discredit Dr. Mercola are available on the internet.. with pages too numerous to list on Wacco. Just google. Simply put, he is an osteopath masquerading as a biiolgist/vaccine expert.

Nobody least of all me, accused Dr. Mercola of crimes and I know of no reason that Dr. Oz or Martha Stewart should be included or eliminated from his pantheon, though I am a fan of neither.

I invite you as I did the original poster to honor this important subject by serious research and due diligence.
    That's all I ask.
    Gypsey

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post

9. TopTop #6
    gypsey

After responding to your post here Shandi, I decided to check a little more closely regarding possible criminal prosecutions of Dr. Mercola. While he has not been taken to jail you might be interested in knowing that as recently as January he settled an FTC suit for $5 million dollars. Apparently, Dr. Mercola had been promoting tanning beds as a source of cancer prevention!!!
    Enough said...check it out for yourself.
    Gypsey
    Last edited by Barry; 05-14-2016 at 12:11 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #7
    CSummer

If you really believe Dr Mercola is a "charlatan" and has no credibility, please do your due diligence and cite evidence that supports that. The video is an ABC news video, not one made by Mercola. It validates the essential point that the MMR vaccine was ineffective in preventing a mumps outbreak at Harvard and other universities.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-14-2016 at 12:12 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

If you really believe Dr Mercola is a "charlatan" and has no credibility,...
    Dr Mercola can be a "charlatan" AND some things he says can be true, or at least worthy of consideration, particularly when it addresses things he has no self interest in.

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #9
    gypsey

I'm confused:. Is this video in support of Dr. Mercola or an ABC video about the MMR vaccine? Please send the link so we all can see it.
    Once again, I repeat: this issue is too important to cite questionable sources such as Dr Mercola, and instead we need to see credible sources. I look forward to you sending us the link as an example of that.
    Thanks,
    Gypsey
    If you really believe Dr Mercola is a "charlatan" and has no credibility, please do your due diligence and cite evidence that supports that. The video is an ABC news video, not one made by Mercola. It validates the essential point that the MMR vaccine was ineffective in preventing a mumps outbreak at Harvard and other universities.

16. TopTop #10
    gypsey

In a recent post, I actually cited the evidence you requested, and at the same time in another post I welcomed the link to the ABC program you cite. My point is that this is too important an issue to cite discredited people like Dr Mercola". when more credible sources may exist. I am sure we do not disagree on this point,,,???

17. TopTop #11
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    My point is that this is too important an issue to cite discredited people like Dr Mercola". when more credible sources may exist. I am sure we do not disagree on this point,,,???
    you're new to this site? it's pretty clear that there are two polarized groups, applying what I consider a false symmetry. The claims made against people like Mercola have no traction - they're seen as tainted because they come from mainstream medicine, which is of course corrupt, full of sellouts only in it for the money. Mercola, Wakefield, et al are altruistic nonconformists. So, any claim that these iconoclasts might have financial interest is seen as no more valid than those that vaccine researchers are paid off by big pharma.

It's not a logical battle, though it does superficially follow the format of one.