Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Nepenthe

Looking for interior decorator or enthusiast - "bohemian" decor

I'm looking to hire someone - could be a professional decorator/designer or just someone who shares my taste & excels in home decoration and is looking for extra work - to help me decorate an 1100-sq ft house in west county. Many interior decorators I've found online display example photos of modern, angular, rather stale designs which is not what I'm looking for. A quick google or Pinterest search will reveal many varied examples of what I mean by "bohemian" - textiles, natural elements (plants, etc), antiques, etc. Surely there's someone who can help in west county since this area is known for its bohemian style and charming homes.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas!

(This post appeared a few days ago and was accidentally deleted in an attempt to edit it. My apologies for a double post.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    eyemusic

Re: Looking for interior decorator or enthusiast - "bohemian" decor

Quote Posted in reply to the post by starlit: View Post
    I'm looking to hire someone - could be a professional decorator/designer or just someone who shares my taste & excels in home decoration and is looking for extra work ...
    I would recommend that you take a look at Bill Baldewicz' website: www.billbaldewicz.weebly.com.
    Bill is a uniquely talented maker of interiors, furniture, and custom furnishings. Several of his extraordinary cabinets are on view at Artisana in Sebastopol, now - they incorporate cllient-supplied family photographs in a manner than incorporates multiple bundles of histories. Sound like your aesthetics are simpatico...he re-uses local materials in amazing ways. His studio is off Bloomfield Road, southwest of Sebastopol.

4. TopTop #3
    newclay

Check out a few things I have made...we like challanges... work with copper... have 30 year old 1x4 pine w cool knots... chair ideas... water feature? Have done in past...
    Some glass... a few artists here could work with... called Bohemian Creative Eclectic Collective: )
    -Clay Inthepottershands

5. TopTop #4
    newclay

Mmmm not sure w her to send you pics.., some cool copper flare art...

6. TopTop #5

I have a great recommendation! Local designer, Gavio (# 707-861-0428). He helped me make important design decisions for a small home I am building with natural, reclaimed and non-toxic materials. He is incredibly creative and knows how to bring in natural elements in a beautiful, spacious and highly functional way. He listens and offers multiple solutions to problems. He's has experience designing small spaces. He's easy to talk to and work with. He's punctual and has lots of resources at his fingertips. He was highly recommended from several people on Wacco, plus other friends. I highly recommend him!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by starlit: View Post
    I'm looking to hire someone - could be a professional decorator/designer or just someone who shares my taste & excels in home decoration and is looking for extra work - to help me decorate an 1100-sq ft house in west county. Many interior decorators I've found online display example photos of modern, angular, rather stale designs which is not what I'm looking for. A quick google or Pinterest search will reveal many varied examples of what I mean by "bohemian" - textiles, natural elements (plants, etc), antiques, etc. Surely there's someone who can help in west county since this area is known for its bohemian style and charming homes.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas!

(This post appeared a few days ago and was accidentally deleted in an attempt to edit it. My apologies for a double post.)

7. Gratitude expressed by: