Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Efren Carrillo will not seek re-election to Sonoma County Board of Supervisors!

Efren Carrillo announced at this morning's State of the County breakfast that he will not seek re-election to the Board of Supervisors!

I am relieved to hear of his decision. If he had instead decided to run it would have been a very ugly campaign. I am grateful he decided to not put us through that. Perhaps this will be seen as accepting the full retribution for his poor personal behavior.

This sets off a race to fill the 5th District's Supervisor seat later this year which is sure to be riveting. Eric Koenigshofer, a former 5th District Supervisor has said he will run if Efren decided not to. Former state Sen. Noreen Evans has already entered the race, along with farmer Lynda Hopkins.

Three other rumored candidates have declared they will not seek the seat: Dennis Rosatti, executive director of Sonoma County Conservation Action, Rue Furch, a longtime county planning commissioner, and Tawny Tesconi, the former Sonoma County Fair manager.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Jennifer Novascone

Re: Efren Carrillo will not seek re-election to Sonoma County Board of Supervisors!

I can see the attraction for a former senator to run for the Supervisors seat at the annual salary a Supervisor commands, but not sure he/she earns. I would like to see the salaries come down as a FIRST agenda for all candidates to address to the public. Hmmm. Rose colored glasses anyone? ;-)

We really need the $$$ skimmed off the inflated salaries of the Supervisors to go to other programs, like creating two new job positions at the Sonoma County PRMD; to help developers get their plans through to build more DESPERATELY NEEDED housing for our community.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: Efren Carrillo will not seek re-election to Sonoma County Board of Supervisors!

This is an evolving story in the PD. Updates will be added. I am including the link, in case you would like to add a comment: https://www.pressdemocrat.com/busines...eek?artslide=0

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Efren Carrillo announced at this morning's State of the County breakfast that he will not seek re-election to the Board of Supervisors!..
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 01-28-2016 at 12:42 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    ...This sets off a race to fill the 5th District's Supervisor seat later this year which is sure to be riveting. Eric Koenigshofer, a former 5th District Supervisor has said he will run if Efren decided not to. Former state Sen. Noreen Evans has already entered the race, along with farmer Lynda Hopkins...
    Perhaps Noreen will disclose if she signed a 1 year lease or just a month to month rental agreement. That way she can move back to Fountaingrove or Napa or wherever she came from should the election not work out for her.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 01-28-2016 at 12:24 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    Glia

A related issue is all the "hats" the Sonoma County supervisors wear: board of directors for the Water Agency, the Open Space District, the new community power company... All of these entities should have separate ELECTED boards, especially SCWA.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jennifer Novascone: View Post
    ... We really need the $$$ skimmed off the inflated salaries of the Supervisors to go to other programs, like creating two new job positions at the Sonoma County PRMD; to help developers get their plans through to build more DESPERATELY NEEDED housing for our community.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #6
    beshiva

well, this is, indeed, great news though many were pretty sure he wasn't a go. if i could have only heard the same
    from Gorin and Zane and Rabbitt and .....where am i going with this! I just wish we could wipe the slate clean and start with some new blood. Possibly some folks who give a damn about the people. who are not bought and sold.
    hey, i'm a dreamer.
    peace beshiva
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 01-28-2016 at 12:37 PM.

12. TopTop #7
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Yeah, but each one of the elected board members have to be paid; I forget what Carrillo's salary is, but it's a good one.......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    A related issue is all the "hats" the Sonoma County supervisors wear: board of directors for the Water Agency, the Open Space District, the new community power company... All of these entities should have separate ELECTED boards, especially SCWA.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    Valley Oak

This is great news! I'm really happy to learn this.

There are SO MANY people out there who are qualified to be Supervisor. And Carrillo has SO MANY options! I posted my thoughts on Wacco about Carrillo's possibilities in his future political career and he can run for so many different positions in local, state, and federal government.

He can also have a very successful career going into private practice. Carrillo would be excellent in defending rapists and others who sexually assault women, sexual harassment in the workplace cases, domestic violence suspects--the list of how women are oppressed in our society is so long that Carrillo will always have plenty of business.

And if he is going to continue in politics, he needs to sit this one out; that is, the next term as a supervisor of Sonoma County, at the very least.

15. Gratitude expressed by: