Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dhyana Center HR
    Supporting Member

The dhyana Center Celebrates 20 Years of Service

Celebrating 20 Years of Service

To view pictures of the past 20 years, please visit the blog post HERE!

November 10, 2015
    Did you ever sit and imagine where you’d be in 20 years? Back in 1995, I definitely didn’t imagine I would be as fulfilled and connected to as many lives as I am now. Twenty years ago I had emerged from a long apprenticeship in India, studying Ayurveda and running a clinic in a small village. Before I left, my teacher told me that I would open my own center and that I would name it “dhyana”. I asked him if that was right to do, since my own name is DeAnna. He told me to make the “d” lower case, to make sure I remained humble.

And my work is so humbling. I spend every day listening to men and women and children, feeling their blood song, learning about what’s going on for them, tapping into my own guides and inner wisdom to see how I can help. I learn from every one of my clients.

I love to tell the story of how the dhyana Center came to be just as I love to tell the story of how I met my life partner, Scott. Both are so closely intertwined and the dhyana Center could not exist without Scott’s tireless efforts, skill, creativity, and dedication. I met Scott just 4 months after I had moved to a new town, beginning at Dr. Vasant Lad’s Ayurvedic Institute. I didn’t know a soul and somehow the Universe presented me with unbelievable coincidences that drew Scott and I together. Our partnership was destined, just as the call to create this Center was destined. The dhyana Center represents the greatest loves of my life and I hope that the Center inspires and encourages each person who enters its doors to be the best they can be, just as the guests, staff, and my beloved encourage me.

I’m so excited about all the new plans Scott and I have for the next 20 years at the dhyana Center and beyond! Even as integrative health begins to make its way into mainstream medicine, I want to make sure the dhyana Center remains the place where anyone can come to learn and receive the best daily self-care. Each student that takes a class or client who receives a treatment can take the message of Ayurveda out into the world and help plant the seeds of self-care and how important it is for good health.

Today, won’t you please join me in lighting a candle of love and celebration for the hundreds of thousands of people who have made the dream of the dhyana Center a reality every day!

Hari Aum,
    DeAnna and Scott

We will be celebrating this Anniversary, and 20 years of service to the community, at our Winter Solstice Party on December 20th! Save the date!
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-10-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

Tags (user supplied keywords) for this Thread