Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Senior home owner? "Age in Place", get FREE assistance or financial help

Are you a senior who has an extra room or two, and could use some financial help or around the house/garden or personal assistance of any kind, from a screened/background checked live-in person? There is no charge for this service. Please contact me to find out if you qualify to be considered for this community service. Give some information on what you need and what you have in exchange for service or money.

Share with others you know who want to stay in their homes, but are facing challenges. Share with families of seniors who need options that will allow seniors to remain in their homes, but need economical options.

In service to the senior community,

Sandy Murphey (73 yr.)
    [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Michael sallee

Re: Senior home owner? Need FREE assistance or financial help?

I am 73 with VA pension I have a $20,00 interest only Loan with a man who died and bequeathed the loan to the University of Indiana and they do not want to renew or carry it. They want the cash. The interest is 10% . I am paying $150.00 a month. It was for term of 7 yrs. which is up. They might discount it for an immediate cash payment. I would like another similar loan to pay it off and have enough left over to repair my car and back property taxes and take the worry and stress from my fragile economic existence ..the stress ...M. Sallee...

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Quidonyx

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Michael sallee: View Post
    I am 73 with VA pension I have a $20,00 interest only Loan with a man who died and ...
    I have a background in plaintiff's and subro negotiations,but none in property law.My suggestion would be to seek legal representation with COA or legal aid.I can't imagine the stress.What he's going through is unconscionable.I'll continue to seek resources for him.Thank you Sandy.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-03-2015 at 08:52 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Shandi

I spoke with him, and advised that he might contact Council on Aging to get reference to vet resources. I know there's a lot out there, but he's not online that much. I'd do the research, but I can't take on another project at this time. Another possibility is a private lender through some of the organizations online.

I appreciate your willingness to help out. Wish more people felt that way.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Quidonyx: View Post
    I have a background in plaintiff's and subro negotiations,but none in property law.My suggestion would be to seek legal representation with COA or legal aid.I can't imagine the stress.What he's going through is unconscionable.I'll continue to seek resources for him.Thank you Sandy.

8. TopTop #5
    parlyvous

Re: Senior home owner? "Age in Place", get FREE assistance or financial help

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Are you a senior who has an extra room or two, and could use some financial help or around the house/garden or personal assistance of any kind, from a screened/background checked live-in person? There is no charge for this service. Please contact me to find out if you qualify to be considered for this community service. Give some information on what you need and what you have in exchange for service or money. Share with others you know who want to stay in their homes, but are facing challenges. Share with families of seniors who need options that will allow seniors to remain in their homes, but need economical options. In service to the senior community, Sandy Murphey (73 yr.) [email protected]
    Would a 'share' situation work with a Senior who is holding a Section 8 housing voucher? I'm getting desperate, as it seems no landlords want Section 8 folks, even though we have a background check and assurance that the rent will be paid and any issues will be addressed. Thanks Patricia email response: [email protected]