Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Eden Man

Occupy Greenway Summer

Name:  GreenwaySummer.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  75.2 KB

We need to focus on the forgotten places. I do have a focus on just such a place, which is all fenced off, that I would like to get some help on. First it was Raped, and Bulldozed.

And then it was Abandoned, and Trashed, like a lot of Good People we know. Now it is starting to Recover. But it still needs to be Restored.

Saving the Forgotten Places

We need to come up with a plan. What we have got to work with, is as long strip of land, where Homeless People could live, right here in Sonoma County, which has been abandoned.

I do have a focus on how we could turn things around. 50 acres, in SR, which is all fenced off, that I would like to get some help on.

First it was Raped, Logged, and Bulldozed, in preparation for a Bridge to Nowhere. And then it was Abandoned, Locked Up, and Trashed, like a lot of the Homeless People we know, right here in the Local Community. This Greenway Land needs to be Restored, all the way to its former glory, and irrigated with recycled water.

Tree Planting. Pathways. Bike Trails. Beautification. Native Plants. Community Gardens. Neighborhood Access. Wildlife Habitat. Homeless Camp Site.

Many ways to get in. Many ways to get out. It is not easy to be Disrupted, by outside forces.

The Original Plan was to turn this into a Freeway to Nowhere, for Nothing, but OverBloat.

It is two miles long.

You can't just drive through, without even getting out of the car.

You have to Hike in there, taking the time, to observe the peaceful community we have created, and to approach us with respect, and to come unarmed, into our camp, and with the statement that I Come In Peace, and with respect for the Sovereignty of all who have gathered here, before me, who will all be deemed to be the rightful members of our Tribe, with a right to inhabit this site. That is what I wanted to work on, with Occupy. We could meet on the 28th.

We need a name for all this local action, by mostly Homeless People, which will burn all summer long, like the Summer of Love. We could call it Occupy Greenway Summer, as part of a larger Global Movement that would be called Occupy Summer.

This Homeless Camp could then become permanent, with the tacit approval of the authorities, meaning that they might be inclined to agree with us, in the interests of the peaceful protest, not to roust, harass, or prosecute the Homeless People, at least those, who are in compliance, with our local hand made agreements, which is no guns, no violence, in speech or action, and what all.

And for that, Yes, we will make deals, real big deals, with the Police, with the City, with the County, with the local community, and with the Media, just to allow a few people, to live in peace, until the Summers Gone, and Beyond. But first we will have to get the peoples attention, with the very peaceful but disruptive Occupy Greenway Summer actions, which will then receive worldwide attention, sparking similar actions, all as a part of Occupy Summer. - TName:  GreenwaySummer.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  75.2 KB
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Moon

Re: Occupy Greenway Summer

Can you tell us where, exactly, the boundaries of this greenway lie? I've tried looking it up on Trail Link, but when I click on Maps, another window obscures the map, and when I click to close the top window, I'm taken back to the home page. I keep trying to tell homeless people about your idea, but I can't tell them where to physically find the place or how to reach you.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Eden Man: View Post
    ...First it was Raped, Logged, and Bulldozed, in preparation for a Bridge to Nowhere. And then it was Abandoned, Locked Up, and Trashed, like a lot of the Homeless People we know, right here in the Local Community. This Greenway Land needs to be Restored, all the way to its former glory, and irrigated with recycled water...
    Last edited by thedaughter; 06-14-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email