Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    handy

Inner City Turmoil and Other Crises: My Predictions for 2015 Ron Paul - January 09,2015

Feels/seems accurate to me. YMMV Enjoy...

https://www.thedailybell.com/editori...ions-for-2015/

A Ron Paul Special Report
    If Americans were honest with themselves they would acknowledge that the Republic is no more. We now live in a police state. If we do not recognize and resist this development, freedom and prosperity for all Americans will continue to deteriorate. All liberties in America today are under siege.

It didn't happen overnight. It took many years of neglect for our liberties to be given away so casually for a promise of security from the politicians. The tragic part is that the more security was promised — physical and economic — the less liberty was protected.

With cradle-to-grave welfare protecting all citizens from any mistakes and a perpetual global war on terrorism, which a majority of Americans were convinced was absolutely necessary for our survival, our security and prosperity has been sacrificed.

It was all based on lies and ignorance. Many came to believe that their best interests were served by giving up a little freedom now and then to gain a better life.

The trap was set. At the beginning of a cycle that systematically undermines liberty with delusions of easy prosperity, the change may actually seem to be beneficial to a few. But to me that's like excusing embezzlement as a road to leisure and wealth — eventually payment and punishment always come due. One cannot escape the fact that a society's wealth cannot be sustained or increased without work and productive effort. Yes, some criminal elements can benefit for a while, but reality always sets in.

Reality is now setting in for America and for that matter for most of the world. The piper will get his due even if "the children" have to suffer. The deception of promising "success" has lasted for quite a while. It was accomplished by ever-increasing taxes, deficits, borrowing, and printing press money. In the meantime the policing powers of the federal government were systematically and significantly expanded. No one cared much, as there seemed to be enough "gravy" for the rich, the poor, the politicians, and the bureaucrats.

Warfare/Welfare State Requires Police Control

As the size of government grew and cracks in the system became readily apparent, a federal police force was needed to regulate our lives and the economy, as well as to protect us from ourselves and make sure the redistribution of a shrinking economic pie was "fair" to all. Central economic planning requires an economic police force to monitor every transaction of all Americans. Special interests were quick to get governments to regulate everything we put in our bodies: food, medications, and even politically correct ideas. IRS employees soon needed to carry guns to maximize revenue collections.

The global commitment to perpetual war, though present for decades, exploded in size and scope after 9/11. If there weren't enough economic reasons to monitor everything we did, fanatics used the excuse of national security to condition the American people to accept total surveillance of all by the NSA, the TSA, FISA courts, the CIA, and the FBI. The people even became sympathetic to our government's policy of torture.

To keep the people obedient to statism that originated at the federal level of government, control of education was required. It is now recognized that central control of education has actually ruined education, while costs have skyrocketed. National control of medical care has brought a similar result. This has meant more money for bureaucrats, as well as drug, insurance, and health management companies, and less money for medical care. Constantly more police are required to run our lives at greater costs while providing less benefit. "Nationalizing" both medical care and education has provided a great incentive to increase the policing powers of the federal government.

The predictable poverty that results from such a terrible system is now upon us and is a strong motivation for the militarization of local police as part of the expansion of the national police state. Temporary and perceived benefits of government overreach and expanded policing powers end up becoming the real problem. By the time it is understood that these "benefits" are artificial, government power and special interests have gained control of a system designed to serve them and not the people the programs were purported to help. The victims are left hanging and taught that too much freedom is the source of the problem, prompting even more support for the policing power of the state.

Today the failure of central economic planning and of the US as world policeman is everywhere to be found. This is especially noticeable in the police war on the lawbreakers — real and unreal — in America. The failures of social and economic policy of the past 50 years have led to a mounting friction between the local police and the rights of the people. Local police have been militarized and have become an integral part of the national police state. A police culture that accepts the principle of initiating unjustified violence against citizens has become a serious problem.

The news is constant. If it's not Ferguson, it's New York City. If not New York City, it's Chicago or Detroit or Cleveland. And I believe the violence in our cities is only in its early stages. We had a taste of the conflict in the 1960s, but the fundamental values of equal justice and economic opportunity have receded further from reality. Failing to understand why the past 50 years of government expansion to eradicate poverty has only worsened the conditions of our cities will guarantee that the violent conflicts we see erupting today will only get worse.

Fight for Equal Protection Distorted by 'War on Poverty'
    Fifty years ago, as a result of Martin Luther King Jr.'s leadership in a plea for equal justice, LBJ declared war on poverty. ...

Continues here
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Inner City Turmoil and Other Crises: My Predictions for 2015 Ron Paul - January 09,20

My hope is that there will be a revolution; it's way past time. But I don't think I'll be around to see it.

Ron Paul is a brilliant thinker, and a man with clear vision of our reality on all levels. This piece is so long that most people won't take the time to read it, and those that do probably already have a general sense of what he's talking about....things are going to get a lot worse, until there's nothing left to lose.

I had seen this quote previously, and thought it was Obama bashing, but reading it here, really impacted me on a gut level:

"Our president has established a policy that an American citizen can be assassinated without even being charged with a crime". - See more at: https://www.thedailybell.com/editori....m25dllfv.dpuf

Quote Posted in reply to the post by handy: View Post
    Feels/seems accurate to me. YMMV Enjoy...

https://www.thedailybell.com/editori...ions-for-2015/

A Ron Paul Special Report
    If Americans were honest with themselves they would acknowledge that the Republic is no more. We now live in a police state. If we do not recognize and resist this development, freedom and prosperity for all Americans will continue to deteriorate. All liberties in America today are under siege.

It didn't happen overnight. It took many years of neglect for our liberties to be given away so casually for a promise of security from the politicians. The tragic part is that the more security was promised — physical and economic — the less liberty was protected.

With cradle-to-grave welfare protecting all citizens from any mistakes and a perpetual global war on terrorism, which a majority of Americans were convinced was absolutely necessary for our survival, our security and prosperity has been sacrificed.

It was all based on lies and ignorance. Many came to believe that their best interests were served by giving up a little freedom now and then to gain a better life.

The trap was set....
    Continues here
    Last edited by Barry; 01-10-2015 at 02:42 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Thad

Re: Inner City Turmoil and Other Crises: My Predictions for 2015 Ron Paul - January 09,20

BBC Production ~~~ The Century of the Self

I don't know if you can get these videos any other way if you can do so

For anyone wondering how things got this way

This is information I consider necessary and an important part of the public domain though it may not be considered that at this time

you have to download a video player called DivX to see these videos, research it on the internet to see if you might trust it, watch the download options, all you need is the web player and uncheck download Skype unless you want it

These videos are an important thing to know about

Part One: Happiness Machines
    https://stagevu.com/video/nwzzalshdpjw

Part Two: The Engineering of Consent
    https://stagevu.com/video/zpulurxzyogv

Part Three: There is a Policeman inside our heads
    https://stagevu.com/video/iwkgriqnfcfa

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Thad

there's a missing prediction in this

Sonoma County has such a concentration of creativity that from here will rise something to change the World.

such as for one, an American re-design of the rickshaw with a touch assist from NASA to ensure no one will be without a way out of the weather when wished

an easy formula ~ take the desperation out of people and thrive

8. TopTop #5
    Shandi

If is was such "an easy formula" to relieve people from desperation, so they might thrive, do you wonder why it hasn't been achieved?

If you read Ron Paul's predictions for 2015 in it's entirety, he provides some realistic and articulate reasons why the 99% will continue to be even more desperate, in our country and the world.

Did you read about the food donation bins at Community Market in Sebastopol being empty, after a week? What does this say about a thriving community that's unwilling to contribute to help "relieve the desperation" of food insecurity?

There's no shortage of creativity. What's needed is a REVOLUTION! A small start is to withdraw from the insanity of consumerism. Our values are dictated by the 1%, and we gladly stand in line to grab the gruel they dish out so that we may survive another day to serve them.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    ...an easy formula ~ take the desperation out of people and thrive
    Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2015 at 05:08 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    Thad

Would Sonoma County have made it legal to sleep in cars if there hadn't been such an influx of newly homeless

by those who used to be home owners before the Mortgage meltdown, would the plight of those who had nothing

else to call home been improved by being able to at least sleep in their car if that disaster hadn't happened?

To some that means nothing, to be able to sleep in your car so what,

To others it was a salvation.

So desperation has a certain gradient as to what it is or isn't

A question is how far the system has to breakdown to get to bedrock to be able to build something that has a

solid footing and not require so many props and collateral victims, business as usual?

and what would a good way of living be in preparation for that eventuality, as I see it the collapse will improve the

life of those who are truly desperate as it forces people to return to tribe.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2015 at 05:07 PM.

11. Gratitude expressed by: