Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    graciechi

want feedback about Burbank Heights and other subsidized housing

I've applied to a number of low-income housing for seniors including Burbank Orchards/Heights in Sebastopol.
    I'm hoping to get some feedback from people living there about how they like it, and if there are any manjor problems/issues. I've heard mostly good things. Would also love to see a 1 bedroom there if anyone is open to inviting me to have a look. (otherwise you can't see an apt. until you are actually offered it.)

Am also wanting to hear from people living in other subsidized housing in West County or in Santa Rosa.
    Would like to find out some of the better places to choose and some of the issues. I have a friend who finally got an apt. in a complex in Santa Rosa and has been having lots of unforeseen difficulties.

Wanting to pay affordable rent since I am on a limited disability income, but don't want to end up in a miserable, excessively noisy or unhealthy environment.
    Would love to hear from any of you baby boomers who are living in this kind of housing!
    thanks,
    Gracie
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Sage Lee One

Re: want feedback about Burbank Heights and other subsidized housing

Quote Posted in reply to the post by graciechi: View Post
    I've applied to a number of low-income housing for seniors including Burbank Orchards/Heights in Sebastopol.
    I'm hoping to get some feedback from people living there about how they like it, and if there are any manjor problems/issues. I've heard mostly good things....
    Hello Gracie,
    I just moved in and so don't have much information i can share.
    So far I am favorably impressed with the neighbors, the staff and the units themselves.

I recommend getting on the waitlist as it can be a long wait.

4. TopTop #3
    mrsmoose1478

Re: want feedback about Burbank Heights and other subsidized housing

Hi,
    I haven't lived at LB Heights, but I have worked there briefly. I cleaned for a resident there, but had to stop due to the difficulty of being a visitor there.

Apparently it's quite nice for residents. There is a laundry room in each building. There are rules about politeness regarding that. There's always something happening at the clubhouse, including fresh breads, etc. It seems to be a very tight community, quiet, and people learn to get along. Each unit can have a parking place (or not - don't know those rules).

Difficulty as a visitor is a completely different thing. There is limited visitor parking, and it's never near where you need to go. It's only around the perimeter of the property. As a cleaner, I brought all my own equipment/supplies, and it turned into 3 trips over serpentine walkways around the buildings. I later learned it was okay to unload by the office and then go park.

I hope that's helpful information.

Sarah K