Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Very Important WARNING for CAT Guardians before it's too late!

"Cat guardians BEcomeAWARE of how you may be unknowingly contributing to your beloved companion's illness and death. This observation comes from my own lack of knowledge about the critical role of diet choices. I have tracked my own cat's illness back to decisions I made about what to feed her. And now the vet is recommending the very food which has caused so many problems. I'm on a mission to educate myself and share what I learn, in addition to finding a vet who's not in the back pocket of the two big "prescription diet" manufacturers, Hills and Royal Canin.
    ​​

I rescued her from living on the streets the first two years of her life, and made her an indoor kitty...for her safety. I knew very little about what was best to feed her. So, I gave her a variety of canned food, and what I thought was a good quality dry food.

I subscribed to "Truth About Pet Food" newsletter by Susan Thixton, to learn more, especially in light of all the recalls, prompted by pet illness and deaths. I also purchased her "Petsumer Report" which lists various foods, with details and warnings. I had to rely on someone other than the vet, whose focus is really not on prevention, but treatment. They really are no different than most doctors, but we don't want to believe that. We need and want to believe that they truly care about our companion animals. After all, aren't they the experts, like our doctors?

None of us wants to look deeper
    ​ ​to discover that vets are so busy treating sick pets, they don't have time​ ​to study nutrition. And, in vet school, their education in nutrition came from​ ​Hills and Royal Canin! Consider that fact, and the contracts made between​ ​the vets and these companies, so it's a "win-win" for them, but not so much​ ​
    for you.

There's much I want to share, but for now, I will give you three references to very helpful websites from people who've spent many hours researching ways to prolong your companion's health and life.

Comments and questions are welcome, but more than likely I will refer you to one of these websites. No one will recommend a particular food, but you may discover some things you didn't know about the food your cat is eating, and how it's affecting their health.

3 Websites I recommend:

www.TruthAboutPetFood.com​ ​

www.CatInfo.org

https://NaturalCatCareBlog.com​
    Last edited by Shandi; 12-15-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spacing
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: