Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    beckyfein

Local Sexual Assault Survivors Speak About Recovery & Resiliency in Video Series

The Powerful Voices Project presents...

The Journey of Becky Fein

"When the truth is finally recognized, survivors can begin their recovery. But far too often secrecy prevails, and the story of the traumatic event surfaces not as a verbal narrative but as a symptom... we realized the power of speaking the unspeakable and witnessed firsthand the creative energy that is released when the barriers of denial and repression are lifted."
    - Judith Herman, Trauma and Recovery

After years of asking people to share their stories with me as the director of the Powerful Voices Project, I've finally turned the camera around on myself. The process of creating my own video has been a challenging, yet productive experience. I am honored to join the ranks of the amazing people who have already interviewed for this project, and those who will in the future.

This video represents the first time that I have publicly spoken about my experience of sexual assault while traveling in my early 20s through Europe. The experience has in many ways shaped my career and my personal relationships, and my recovery is ever-evolving.

I stand on the shoulders of the brave people who have spoken out about their journeys of recovery and resiliency before me.

--------------------------
    The mission of the Powerful Voices Project is to educate, empower, and enhance the conversation around sexual assault and its survivors. We create short films illuminating the strength and resiliency that of sexual assault survivors. The Powerful Voices Project is a Sonoma County based non-profit project working to create resources and community to prevent sexual assault.

Your story matters & you are not alone.

Contact us to explore telling your story and/or supporting our work.

The Project is about…

• Empowering survivors who focus on their personal stories.
    • Preventing sexual abuse by raising awareness and for the first time, revealing the steps to recovery and resiliency.
    • Being grounded in principles of public health and best practices.
    • Our dedication to diversity and inclusiveness regarding gender, race, sexual orientation, ability, age, ethnicity, religion, geography, and class.
    www.powerfulvoicesproject.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Barry; 12-02-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: