Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    janicejacobsonpt

Looking for a horse friend

I am new to west county and looking for a situation to develop a relationship with a horse, first on the ground, and ideally to eventually ride. I had a horse in my youth, but it's been many years though last summer I spent 3 weeks on a horse ranch in Spain with a trainer who uses a 'natural horsemanship' approach. I am very drawn to be with horses at this time, not sure where it will lead, but would be interested to talk/meet with someone who might have a horse who could use some extra attention with the right person. I live on Morelli Lane and finding something in the 'neighborhood' would be ideal but I am open to other options.

Janice 530-559-5667
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Icssoma

Re: Looking for a horse friend

Hi Janice,

We are a horse rescue in Sebastopol. We are always looking for volunteers, from skilled in many areas to non skilled. Volunteering here you would have an opportunity to work with horses appropriate to your level.

We always have horses available for adoption, in fact, of the many horses we have adopted out, about 20% were from volunteers who spent time at the farm, and developed relationships with horses they grew to love.

As you may know the situation for many horses in the Western United States is grim, and this is a great way to create second chances for deserving horses that were discarded, neglected, abused or slaughter bound.

Being new to the county it is a wonderful way to meet up with a caring community of individuals who want to change the world for horses, and for the people who love them.

We do lots of ground work (based in various natural horsemanship methods), and volunteers have access to time to hone their skills in this, and many areas.

Riding can be a part of the program for individuals who consistently put in 10 hours or more of less skilled work, and for fewer hours for more skilled hours.

One can also sponsor a horse, take lessons here (volunteers get a discount, and may have access to riding time outside of lessons). Saturday mornings we do a group feed starting at 8:15. We also integrate volunteers at other shifts during the week.
    if this sounds like an appealing way to develop skills and relationships with horses and people, you can contact me through this post, or through our website https://welltrainedhorses.com/

We are located in west county, just 5 mins. above Bills farm basket/Pony Espresso.
    would love to hear from you, or others who want to join our efforts. my best. susan jan (hornstein)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by janicejacobsonpt: View Post
    I am new to west county and looking for a situation to develop a relationship with a horse, first on the ground, and ideally to eventually ride. I had a horse in my youth, but it's been many years though last summer I spent 3 weeks on a horse ranch in Spain with a trainer who uses a 'natural horsemanship' approach. I am very drawn to be with horses at this time, not sure where it will lead, but would be interested to talk/meet with someone who might have a horse who could use some extra attention with the right person. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 12-02-2014 at 02:36 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    AllorrahBe

Re: Looking for a horse friend

Susan Jan will be a wonderful connection for you, and I AM sure you will find your perfect horse friend as well as other humans who love horses. This is a wonderful opportunity opening up for you, because you are astute enough to seek, knock and ask to what you desire! You go, girl! And welcome to West County!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Icssoma: View Post
    Hi Janice,

We are a horse rescue in Sebastopol. We are always looking for volunteers, from skilled in many areas to non skilled. Volunteering here you would have an opportunity to work with horses appropriate to your level.

We always have horses available for adoption, in fact, of the many horses we have adopted out, about 20% were from volunteers who spent time at the farm, and developed relationships with horses they grew to love.

As you may know the situation for many horses in the Western United States is grim, and this is a great way to create second chances for deserving horses that were discarded, neglected, abused or slaughter bound.

Being new to the county it is a wonderful way to meet up with a caring community of individuals who want to change the world for horses, and for the people who love them.

We do lots of ground work (based in various natural horsemanship methods), and volunteers have access to time to hone their skills in this, and many areas.

Riding can be a part of the program for individuals who consistently put in 10 hours or more of less skilled work, and for fewer hours for more skilled hours.

One can also sponsor a horse, take lessons here (volunteers get a discount, and may have access to riding time outside of lessons). Saturday mornings we do a group feed starting at 8:15. We also integrate volunteers at other shifts during the week.
    if this sounds like an appealing way to develop skills and relationships with horses and people, you can contact me through this post, or through our website https://welltrainedhorses.com/

We are located in west county, just 5 mins. above Bills farm basket/Pony Espresso.
    would love to hear from you, or others who want to join our efforts. my best. susan jan (hornstein)