Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Seadeva

~*~*??Professional (Small) Dog Trainer Recommendations??~*~

We are experiencing several training issues that we are not able to correct ourselves. We need professional intervention with the following issues...

*won't come when called... she gets there when 'she' feels like it and not until.
    *can't catch her if she doesn't want to be caught
    *generally 'willfulness', ie. she does what she wants and ignores commands unless 'she' is interested.
    *far too picky at the food dish (will go several days w/o eating)

Our dog is a large, non-confirmation (rescue) Chihuahua, about 12 pounds. Other than the issues above she is happy, friendly and housetrained.

Someone local to Sebastopol would be best. Barter/work exchange would be wonderful, if possiable.

Thanks
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    scamperwillow

Re: ~*~*??Professional (Small) Dog Trainer Recommendations??~*~

Sounds like my dog!! there is a woman named Summer at 829-2717 that will come to your house for training - she is very good.

The trick with Come is consistency. Try a treat every single time and only call once. If she doesn't come on one call, go and get her. Keep her on a long lead if she is hard to catch - something you can step on.

For the food pickiness, try a little parmesan cheese or chicken broth over the food - or even water sometimes works.

I am a distributor for Flint River all natural premium pet food which my pets love! If you want to check it out, you can go to my web site at:
    https://www.martyrobertsproductions.com/flintriver.html

Good luck!
    Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Seadeva:
    We are experiencing several training issues that we are not able to correct ourselves. We need professional intervention with the following issues...

*won't come when called... she gets there when 'she' feels like it and not until.
    *generally 'willfulness', ie. she does what she wants and ignores commands unless 'she' is interested.

Our dog is a large, non-confirmation (rescue) Chihuahua, about 12 pounds. Other than the issues above she is happy, friendly and housetrained.

Someone local to Sebastopol would be best. Barter/work exchange would be wonderful, if possiable.

Thanks

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

One philosphical note, dogs are pack animals. They are accustomed to there being a "top dog". You need to be very clear, firm and consistent that this is YOU. They might not like it at first, be they will love you for it in time!

4. TopTop #4
    helenscott08

I don't know if she still does it but if you can convince SHARON CURRY, MGR, BUNDOCK KENNELS, to take her for a bit, SHARON CAN WORK WONDERS WITH EVERY CANINE.

I have referred several people to BUNDOCKS and everyone has been very, very happy with her. One woman has a small dog about the size of yours...I don't remember what breed it is...she had to go out of town for a few days and took her dog to BUNDOCKS.

On bringing her dog home, she has stated many times how amazing the change is. Much better behaviour and less frightened of people or other dogs.

BUNDOCK'S NUMBER IS 823-2342. They do not have a computer.

They are on Coffee Lane, off OCCIDENTAL. Very close to Sebastopol.

hs

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Seadeva:

Thanks