Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Michael Anthony

West County Goodwill Infiltrates Corporate Board Rooms and Elective Offices

Not too long ago, I meditated on the question: "why have the most powerful and influential men in the United States been gathering in our vortex at Bohemian Grove since 1893?" What came was that my judgment was interfering with my ability to understand the reason behind this gathering of elites.

The unexpected answer was that these powerful men have gathered here with the potential to learn from us and take that knowledge back to their corporate boardrooms and elective offices. But instead of greeting our powerful guests with a warm welcome, we meet them with signs and protests telling them to leave.

We can try the different approach of welcoming these men and offering corresponding special events in the areas surrounding Bohemian Grove that will spur the attendees to come out and feel what we're about. If what these men feel touches their hearts, they will spread our goodwill across the United States.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Glia

Re: West County Goodwill Infiltrates Corporate Board Rooms and Elective Offices

Alas these men do not feel or have hearts to be touched.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Michael Anthony: View Post
    ... If what these men feel touches their hearts, they will spread our goodwill across the United States.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Gene

If we could touch their hearts we might find they were made of stone or we might find a money clip. Beautiful thought though. Thanks for the Love, Gene.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Michael Anthony

Growing up Catholic, I was taught the story of how Jeshua miraculously raised Lazarus from the dead. Later in life, I realized that the story was most likely a parable which means that with devotion, we can reach into the heart of a person who appears to be dead and open a space within their dead heart that brings them back to life.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    Alas these men do not feel or have hearts to be touched.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Glia

It is also fairly likely that Lazarus was just in a coma and not dead! That was an all-too-common scenario in the Bronze Age.

That aside, your observation is an interesting allegory and heartwarming thought. Great to hear of Catholicism being helpful.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Michael Anthony: View Post
    Growing up Catholic, I was taught the story of how Jeshua miraculously raised Lazarus from the dead. Later in life, I realized that the story was most likely a parable which means that with devotion, we can reach into the heart of a person who appears to be dead and open a space within their dead heart that brings them back to life.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #6
    arthunter

I've had similar "what if" kind of thoughts ... what if we could bridge the gap between all people, including the financial elite? ... what if it's just a major misunderstanding going on and there is actually some way that we could all relate? ... what if it is our own behavior which results in stress and alienation in the world? ... what if protest actually causes government insecurity which results in fear and eventually tyranny?

After all, none of us really want or deserve conflict ...

Then I came across this study and realized that certain psychological realities might prevent these ideals from materializing ...

https://www.inc.com/laura-montini/ho...advantage.html