Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

View Poll Results: Which candidate 's statement did you most resonate with?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Una Glass

0 0%
  • Patrick Slaytor

0 0%
  • Sarah Glade Gurney

0 0%
  • Jonathan Greenberg

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Sebastopol City Council Debate: Opening Statements

This is one of series of discussion threads based on all the candidates responses to one the questions posed at the Octh 8th Candidate's Night, presented by the League of Women Voters and sponsored by the Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce.

Each thread has the video for a particular question. Please keep your comments on the topic of the question. In the cases when the candidate refer back to an earlier question, please comment on the earlier thread.

Each thread also has a poll attached. I encourage you to watch each of the candidate's responses with an open mind, putting aside who you make support or not support and like or dislike. Having done so, watch the their responses and vote for up to three candidates per thread whose response most resonates with your values, coupled with your trust that they will effectively represent your values. Your votes will be visible to the public.

Candidates are welcome to chime with any clarification or additional comments,

The video is shot in HD. I recommend you zoom it to full screen for a more pleasant experience. Here's a demo of how to do that.

Click here to see the other questions from this debate.
    Vote Local!
    Barry

Opening Statements (7 min)

I missed the first minute or two of Una's statement, but here's the text for the missed part:
    Opening Statement – Una Glass – League of Women Voters Forum 10-08-2014

I was appointed when my husband of 35 years, former Sebastopol Mayor, Michael Kyes, passed away approximately four months ago. Michael knew he was not well and he encouraged me to apply for his seat and continue his work for our vision of a progressive and green small town should he pass away.

I applied for his seat four months ago not only to continue his good work but also because I felt I had a lot to add to the council because of my skills and experience.

Michael ran for Council four years ago to preserve what we love about Sebastopol. Its small town quality of life, its friendliness … knowing and being a part of community.

He also ran –because he believed that his financial skills would help put our town on firm financial footing.
    But most dear to his heart was the belief that we could be an example of what a small, sustainable and well managed town could be, and in particular, a town that is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and living lightly on the earth while also experiencing prosperity.
    Michael and I moved to Sebastopol 25 years ago after living in Santa Rosa for 10 years. We loved the town and had many friends in west county. We saw Sebastopol as a great place to raise a family....

Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2014 at 04:58 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email