Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jo Spencer

Needed: book lay-out

This is the problem; I have published seven novels with Create Space. They are set in Kentucky in the 1800's; and they are in libraries and a few stores there. My cousin was doing the lay-out, and then I took over. I am working with Microsoft Word Starter and their technician just told me they can't help me with this.

The first pages are the title page and copyright page; these pages should not have numbers at the bottom. The text starts on page 5 and that is the first page that should have a number. How do I remove page numbers from the first 4 pages? If someone has a program that can fix this problem, I will pay $20.00 for each novel.

I am so aggravated!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Karl Frederick

Re: Needed: book lay-out

Jo, I think all you need to do is to put a section break at the end of the current fourth page, then on any page before that break, go to View | Header and Footer and delete the page number. I can talk you through it in a jiff if you need coaching. No $$ needed!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jo Spencer: View Post
    This is the problem; I have published seven novels with Create Space. They are set in Kentucky in the 1800's; and they are in libraries and a few stores there. My cousin was doing the lay-out, and then I took over. I am working with Microsoft Word Starter and their technician just told me they can't help me with this.

The first pages are the title page and copyright page; these pages should not have numbers at the bottom. The text starts on page 5 and that is the first page that should have a number. How do I remove page numbers from the first 4 pages? If someone has a program that can fix this problem, I will pay $20.00 for each novel.

I am so aggravated!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email