Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Pickles

"Power of Ten" Slow Burn Resistant Training

Does anyone know of or has a local referral for someone who trains/coaches weight resistant training based on the "Power of Ten" book, which is essentially one 30-minute session a week or two 15-minute sessions a week.

I have just read the book and would like to get started, but feel I need a trainer or coach to help with proper form initially.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-12-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: "Power of Ten" Slow Burn Resistant Training

Tim, the owner of Breakthrough Fitness on Hwy12 in Santa Rosa is a trainer, who uses "Slow burn" training.
    He's a wonderful caring man, and I was able to reach levels I never dreamed of with his method of once a week personal training. He works with a lot of seniors, and his gym isn't a typical singles "meet up" place. It's beautiful visually, and has a lot of up to date equipment.

My friend has been training with him for over 10 years,and even though he's moved to Pacifica, he still comes once a week to get his training from Tim. That says a lot! There are other excellent trainers there too. I was lucky to be able to have Tim as my trainer.

The address is 4780 Sonoma Hwy, and the phone is 539-5075. Give him a call, and let him know Sandy Murphey referred you. I had to quit awhile back because my income didn't allow me to continue. But I sure miss those wonderful workout sessions, when I was able to surpass what I thought I could accomplish in just one 20 minute session a week. This method is highly recommended for seniors because of the low impact on joints.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Pickles: View Post
    Does anyone know of or has a local referral for someone who trains/coaches weight resistant training based on the "Power of Ten" book...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email