Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Would like to create a fundraiser for friend with breast cancer. Wondering about a dinner

I know that there was a fundraiser dinner and dance held for the Community Market manager (or assist. mgr.) but I have seen anything about the profitability of that event. It was $100 a plate for a 7 course meal, and or a $20 fee for the dance afterwards.

I'd like to create a fundraiser for my friend, and wonder if anyone has suggestions for something that might not entail a lot of work. We'd like to bring in a few thousand dollars so she can continue with her alternative treatments.

She's a single mom, and hasn't been able to to work for quite awhile. She's a member of our WaccoBB community, and her family and friends would be available to help with whatever we decide to do.

I just signed up to be an affiliate for a well known local coach, and will donate a percentage of what I get , but that doesn't start until September. I'm open to becoming an affiliate for any business that contributes to the well being of the planet. I want to use my networking skills for good causes.

Let me know if you are one of these businesses, or have any ideas for me.

Much Appreciation for supporting me in helping her.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Would like to create a fundraiser for friend with breast cancer. Wondering about a di

Pasta King (Art Ibleto) (I think this is correct) has a special price for dinner for a fundraiser, something like $4.50 a head. This was the case a couple of years ago, the last time I looked into it. You could probably find local musicians to play gratis and maybe you could get a good rental rate at the Sebastopol Grange. With volunteers to set up and a sliding scale admission you could probably help your friend a great deal.

Best of luck.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    ...I'd like to create a fundraiser for my friend, and wonder if anyone has suggestions for something that might not entail a lot of work. ...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: