If belly-wisdom can effect conversations from the next room, as in the following story, we can imagine even greater impact if it were involved in your initial responses to pressure situations.

A woman reported that after attending my workshop, that she was doing dishes she was overhearing her teenage son argue with Dad about TV and homework. She noticed her own sounds of shoving dishes around in the soapy water, clanking her own maternal wants at stake in the in living room. She was all arms and shoulders, and felt the attitude that drove her own reasons that her son should get to work. She stopped, dried her hands, recalled the practice of dropped attention that came from stepping back and down into something beneath her feet in order to center her attention deeper into her body’s core. She felt her hands release something she was holding, a position or an attitude, and when the release was complete, they seemed to fill with something new that bounced back from the planet below. Not having words for it yet, she just absorbed the feeling, resuming the dishes feeling weight in her feet fueling her movements from her body’s core. The dishes had a different sound.

Wonder arose from her belly about what might deepen the dialogue when her son approached the fridg. She wondered aloud, “Do you know what your Dad’s need is that’s not being met here?” He wondered too, and then wandered back to ask. Dad said he was worried his son might fall behind in school if he didn’t keep pushing. Then he asked what unmet needs prompted the son’s resistance to his “suggestions.” Son wanted responsibility to manage his own schedule, and wished to be trusted to know when he needed to work or rest. Dad would make that deal, and all were reassured that their respective needs were seen and respected. The family enjoyed their maturing together over popcorn and a movie.

"Aiki awareness enables me to notice what's in the way of the essence to essence connection between us, especially in our intimate relation-ships where we get triggered the most. Then I can drop deeper and share from that place physically, verbally, and energetically." Sohini Huguenin

https://communicationharmony.com/Cou...reeLesson.aspx contains a free download which begins with a YouTube on the Mission of Somatics to transform our environment through greater self awareness, and then overviews a ten lesson online course in emotional aikido. The Courses Page contains a paper on non-violent communication and aikido, and the course contains a collection of aiki-wisdom, photos, instructional videos and poetry. It's a fun read, and it's very good for you. Send me an email after reading the lesson for your “LinkedIn Discount" coupon code to the course. https://communicationharmony.com/Courses.aspx contains six short videos addressing common pre-dispostitions under pressure.