Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    misha77

Advice on Non Profits

I have been putting on literary/spoken word/musical/film/multimedia events for several years now and as of this year, initiated a business i.d., an Amazon account for Kick-starter funding. I have also helped to raise money for various non profits through fund raising. At this point, I want to look into starting a non profit, dedicated to funding art, music and literary community events.
    My project is called Astrophil Literati Events and it is located here. Sonoma County/Petaluma/Sebastopol
    All Best-Michelle
    Name:  480350_615778835134753_1909565944_n.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  59.7 KB
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Advice on Non Profits

You may want to affiliate with us. I'm not sure what your needs are, other than looking into starting a non-profit. There's a great NOLO workbook, and the Volunteer Center in Santa Rosa can be helpful, besides all the resources online. We're using the NOLO book to guide us through the state/federal forms and paperwork.

We're in the process of filing papers for our non-profit status, as a fiscal sponsor for community projects. Our name is MOTHER-Fiscal Sponsor for Community Projects-a Non-Profit We've had our website up for months, but have recently made some changes, along with some new people coming on board to help us through the process. Our website is https:// MOTHER Non-Profit.org

We recently completed our mission statement which is:

"To act as a fiscal sponsor for charitable projects with the local community that benefit people who are facing challenges to their physical, mental and or social health, by providing transparent fiscal management, training, and support to enable those projects to receive tax deductible contributions."

There is a fiscal sponsor named Tides Foundation, in San Francisco, but they require that the group or organization has $100,000 in assets in order to apply for fiscal sponsorship for taxable donations. Our intention is to ask for $100 as an application fee, with 10% going to MOTHER, and the balance going to the project.

Another fiscal sponsor is Streams of Dreams in Georgia. They list a few projects which they've sponsored.
    [QUOTE=misha77;176738... At this point, I want to look into starting a non profit, dedicated to funding art, music and literary community events. ...
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Barry; 02-22-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email