Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Allen

Dentist Referrals

[ This is a compilation of the various requests and referrals for dentists over the years. It's in chronological order so the first page or 2 of posts are rather old, though they could still be relevant. Newer posts are near the end of the thread. Barry]

I need to find a new dentist in the West Sonoma County Area. We live near Sebastopol. Please tell me why you feel your dentist is good . I need a Blue Cross dentist...but don't worry about that, just give me some names and I will check my Blue Cross list. [I know there is only one member in Sebastopol and that is E.S. Jang.]
    Last edited by Barry; 12-01-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Need Dentist Recommendations

OK folks, here's the perenial search for a good dentist again. Last time this was requested there weren't any public refferals made.
    We can do better than that!

This is especially important at this time since Jens Busk is turning over his practice to Dr. Sen(?) and is leaving the area. Has anyone been to this new dentist yet? The office will continue to be mercury free.

How about other dentists? Got someone you particularly like? Why?

3. TopTop #3
    helenscott08

I cannot yet recommend Dr. Norman Chau as I am in process of having my teeth pulled and a lower plate in their place. But I can say I know he accepts medicare and medical. He is located at 2921 Cleveland Avenue. in Santa Rosa. I have encountered 2 or 3 people who have said he is pretty good.

I will know more when I get this procedure over with next week. hs

Last edited by Barry; 02-07-2006 at 09:59 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    alphagrl

Dr. Steven O'Neil in Occidental is really amazing. Accepts insurance. The very best dental care and concern you could imagine.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-08-2006 at 12:18 AM.

5. TopTop #5

Re: Need Dentist Recommendations:

It is Dr. Mcneal in Occidental not o'neal. And he is excellent. My stepson has had realy good sevice with Dr. Thielen in Sebastopol.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-08-2006 at 12:17 AM.

6. TopTop #6

This may be a bit far for you folks out in west county, but the best dentist in Santa Rosa (in my humble opinion) is Dr. John Minye. He is kind and gentle and does not use Mercury fillings and takes different kinds of insurance and will take payments. He is out on Hwy 12 at 4372 Sonoma Highway. 539-8762 I have been going to him for years. He took over the practice when Dr. Liles passed away.
    Good luck, and don't forget to floss : )
    Tom
    Last edited by Barry; 02-08-2006 at 07:51 AM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #7
    Ama

i highly recommend Dr. Salmon and Dr. Skryja in Guerneville. they're definitely worth the drive. Lois Pearlman

9. TopTop #8
    psaltz

Dr. Eric Salmon, 14001 Old Cazadero Road, Guernewood Park, 869-2623. Our family dentist for several years, performed cleanings, fillings, pulling, etc., the best, most painless, kindest dentist ever for both my husband and me. We met him when he was affiliated with Russian River Health, but now he has his own practice. Worth a long drive to get to him!

10. TopTop #9
    Jerry Green
    Supporting Member

Need Dentist Recommendations

I've ben going to Paul Theilen,823-3654, next to Seb Post Office for years.
    Efficient, quick, good judgment. Will follow/accept your own values. He
    knows me as Jerry. He's very good, and has nitrous...Diane's at the desk.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-08-2006 at 04:03 PM.

11. TopTop #10
    helenscott08

Re: **** Dentist Needed **** His Face Is Swelling As We Speak

Hi Caretaker: Since January this year I have been going to a very good dentist located on Cleveland Ave. in Santa Rosa. I think it is the building next to State Farm Ave, off Cleveland. His name is Dr. Norman Chau, and I think he does just about everything. He also accepts medicade, or is it medical.

I had my lower teeth pulled and he made two plates for me. A new upper plate and the first new lower plate. Dr. Chau has a great team of nurses, and from what I can see a very busy practice, which always says to me that doctor is a good one. I have been treated very well and like the doctor and staff very much.

Dr. Chau's address is 2921 Cleveland Ave., his phone number is 707-544-4818. I have heard that if you have to pay yourself he is rather expensive.

You might find other references if you go onto this site and in upper right hand corner you will find a SEARCH area. Type in dentists and see what you get.

hs
    Last edited by Barry; 05-28-2006 at 01:03 PM.

12. TopTop #11
    Indigo

Wanted: Dentist

I recently went to a dentist in Los Angeles who is very high tech. The novacaine shot was painless, and there was no pain when it was wearing off, because it was administered thru a computer that regulated the flow of novacaine into the gums. He also has a "drill" that doesn't drill -- it shoots out sand that blasts away the softer cavity and leaves the tooth intact. The x-ray machine was very low dose, and we went immediately to the computer where I looked at my teeth. Unfortunately, I found out I need 5 crowns! Does anyone have a high-tech dentist up here, or someone they'd recommend for other reasons? Or a good dentist in Mexico??? Thanks! Indigo

13. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Wanted: Dentist

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Indigo:
    ...Does anyone have a high-tech dentist up here, or someone they'd recommend for other reasons? Or a good dentist in Mexico??? Thanks! Indigo
    Ah, the perennial dentist quest! This is more timely since Jens Busk, the former Wacco dentist, has left town :eek:!

I have met the man who took over his practice, Silvano Senn (120 Pleasant Hill, Sebastopol, 823-9500). He is quite nice, and very committed to non toxic dentistry. I believe his wife also works in the office. I can't recommend him at this point, since he hasn't climbed into my mouth yet! Perhaps someone who has been treated by him can chime in here.

I have just merged the prior requests & responses for dentists into this thread, so if you go to this post on the website, you'll see all of them.

Please share your dental experiences, positive or negative, with your fellow Waccos!
    Last edited by Barry; 07-25-2006 at 11:32 PM.

14. TopTop #13
    mweaver
    Supporting Member

Re: Dentist Recommendations

I was hesitant about going to see Dr. Jens Busk's replacement because I didn't believe Dr. Busk was replaceable as he was the most wonderful dentist I've seen to date. To my surprise Dr. Silvano Sens and I became good friends at first meeting! AND he is a highly conscious dentist with same values as Dr. Busk and is using the same high tech equipment he used. Silvano is a totally awesome, high spirited and kind man and hats off to Jens for finding a wonderful dentist to take over his highly sensitive and highly aware clientelle. I highly recommend Silvano (and his wife Toni Mann, DDS) to all you Wacco's!

Silvano Senns
    120 Pleasant Hill Ave. Ste. 150
    Sebastopol, CA 95472
    707-823-9500

15. Gratitude expressed by:

16. TopTop #14
    Ayla

Melissa, The best dentist I have ever been to in Northern Calif (and I've been to A LOT) is Mary Ellen Chalmers in Santa Rosa. She is a very down to earth person and really cares about each of her patients. She is not a biological dentist per sey, yet she is not a narrow minded conservative. She is open and always learning new things, she uses some alternative methods and keeps up on the latest research. She is not greedy and I really trust her. She goes out of her way to help out with whatever you are dealing with, no matter how unusual. She is also accessible when you have concerns. AND she is an excellent technician. I have a great deal of respect for her.

Recently when my husband had some intense work done she injected traumeel into the gum!

Best of luck.

Carolyn Ringo

17. TopTop #15
    hopefull

Seeking a caring dentist...SR, Seb or RP

Do you love your dentist? I need major work done (root canal etc.) and I am looking for a dentist that is paitent, will listen and is kind. Santa Rosa, Sebastopol or RP. Thanks
    (707) 57503235
    [email protected]
    Hope

18. TopTop #16
    Heartfire

Re: Seeking a caring dentist...SR, Seb or RP

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hopefull:
    Do you love your dentist? I need major work done (root canal etc.) and I am looking for a dentist that is paitent, will listen and is kind. Santa Rosa, Sebastopol or RP. Thanks
    (707) 57503235
    [email protected]
    Hope
    Please consider Drs. Petersen on Guerneville Road in SR. They were my dentist, husband and wife, Jeff was the one I saw most often. What a great dentist and I am very, very picky. Now that I don't have dental insurance, I really miss him. Good luck.

19. TopTop #17
    dladams

Dr. Hurley and his great staff in Santa Rosa-my whole family(grandmother, now deceased, parents, husband and my kids) has gone to him for many many years. They treat you like a real person and you rarely have to wait. Dr. Hurley has called me at home just to make sure all was well after some serious dental work.
    546-3791 on Montgomery Drive near Summerfield Road in Santa Rosa.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2007 at 10:09 AM.

20. TopTop #18
    dladams

I would like to put in a good word for Karol Scheiner, who replaced Dr. McNeil in Forestville earlier this year. I've had a crown put in by her and she did an excellent job. The office staff is friendly as well.
    Karol's husband is an endodontist and does root canals in her office on Friday's, which is convenient for West County Residents. He did one for me a week ago without any ill effects.

Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2007 at 10:08 AM.

21. TopTop #19

Dr. Larry Ford has been my family dentist for 20 years. I would recommend him. He's on Pleasant Hill Road and Hwy. 12.

22. TopTop #20
    Raven

Dr. J Patrick Hurley on Montgomery Dr. in Santa Rosa. He's been our dentist for years. He and his wife work together and are the kindest people. Friendly office staff, convenient Saturday appts available, they accept many dental plans, plenty of parking, etc.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-06-2006 at 08:50 AM.

23. TopTop #21
    scamperwillow

Does anyone know any of these dentists??

I'm trying to find a dentist that is on my insurance plan. My current one is not. I need THREE new crowns so this is no small matter.
    If you go to or know about any of these dentists below, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I don't know where to begin.
    Thank you!!
    Marty

KLINE, R
    2448 Guerneville Rd#1000
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 545-4452

BERGER, I
    140 Stony Point Rd Ste A
    Santa Rosa, CA 95401
    (707) 578-3118

NAKAKI, R
    1421 Guerneville Rd #102
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 528-7000

LERIAN, H
    1421 Guernville Rd #102
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 528-7000

BLOOM, H
    1421 Guernville Rd #102
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403

MACHADO, A
    1331 Guerneville Rd # G
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 526-6800

NEEDHAM, A
    1017 Santa Rosa Plz
    Santa Rosa, CA 95401
    (707) 575-7240

GRAU, W
    5755 Redwood Dr # 200
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-1000

COOK JR, L
    5755 Redwood Dr
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-1000

DOBBS, D
    5755 Redwood Dr
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-1000

HAWKINS, W
    5755 Redwood Dr
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-1000

CUENCA, E
    5755 Redwood Dr
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-1000

FOX, R
    728 Mendocino Ave
    Santa Rosa, CA 95401
    (707) 578-4441

NIJJAR, H
    2285 Cleveland Ave
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 545-3338

QUOCK, S
    98 Montgomery Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95404
    (707) 578-7424

LEYHE, D
    95 Montgomery Dr Ste 212
    Santa Rosa, CA 95404
    (707) 528-3412

DANFORD, M
    95 Montgomery Dr Ste 214
    Santa Rosa, CA 95404
    (707) 575-9944

FUKUDA, K
    1154 Montgomery Dr Ste 2
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 579-4600

ABBASZADEH, M
    1144 Sonoma Ave Ste 110
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 523-2399

FERNANDEZ, A
    1441 Montgomery Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 546-1166
    Distance: 8.55 miles

FRANCIS JR, W
    90a Doctors Park Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 545-0944

BURRELL, E
    90a Doctors Park Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 545-0944

AIKAWA, C
    397 Aviation Blvd Ste L
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 579-1201

BARBIERI, A
    76 Doctors Park Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 544-3287

KUPELIAN, A
    7 Page St
    Cotati, CA 94931
    (707) 795-5419

FOTI, L
    421 E Cotati Ave # A
    Cotati, CA 94931
    (707) 664-1200

ROMERO, G
    5200 Snyder Ln Ste 1
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 585-3160

AYMAR, J
    1330 Medical Cntr Dr #3
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 584-7790

LEISEN, C
    3914 Princeton Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 546-2129

YEE, K
    3922 Princeton Dr
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 568-0480

POURADIB, A
    2801 Yulupa Ave Ste A
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 544-8338
    Last edited by Barry; 09-14-2006 at 10:31 AM.

24. TopTop #22
    rhubarbdog

can you recommend a great woman dentist?

I'm looking for a great woman dentist in Santa Rosa.
    I would love to find one who is into holistic approaches.

Thanks.

25. TopTop #23
    erinsheff

Dentist needed, prefer Sebastopol

I'm looking for a dentist who is a craftsman, and who likes his work!
    Thanks,
    Erin

26. TopTop #24
    heydeehan

Looking for a good holistic dentist

Can anyone recommend a green/holistic dentist in Sonoma county - preferably Santa Rosa or Sebastopol, but I'm willing to travel for quality care. Reasonable prices would be great, too!

Thanks so much, K

27. TopTop #25
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Looking for a good holistic dentist

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heydeehan:
    Can anyone recommend a green/holistic dentist in Sonoma county - preferably Santa Rosa or Sebastopol, but I'm willing to travel for quality care. Reasonable prices would be great, too!
    I have merged your request with the ongoing dentist search here! So Heydeehan, please check out the prior recommendations on this thread, and everybody else: Any other dentist recommendations?

28. TopTop #26
    don storm

I go to a holistic dentist in Tijuana. He is a fraction of the cost to go here and we have never had a problem with his work. If you need more than $1,000 worth of work it is worth the trip. don storm
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2007 at 10:06 AM.

29. TopTop #27
    Diane

OK, the Dentist question again - I've actually done some reseach mainly for dentists who are excellent, holistic, and safe with mercury removal. I've been meaning to post, and here's another chance.

Dr. Granath in Santa Rosa is the best in the area. Both he and his office staff are very pleasant and knowledgeable. He takes every precaution with removing mercury safely. The contact there is 707-528-9411.

Dr. Lipelt is local to Sebastopol. He acts as a consultant for proper mercury removal - assessing gums, prior root canal integrity, structure, fillings, bite, constitution. He knows a lot about mercury chelation and improving your kidney and liver systems prior to mercury removal. 707-829-2737

Dr. Hyte is in Berkeley. The feedback I've received from referrals to him is that his manor may be a bit gruff, but he does excellent and safe mercury removal. He is the cheapest in the area. 510-845-6494

30. TopTop #28
    Si'paz

pick up a copy of the northbay natural pages, theres one dentist in sr listed www.stunningsmiles.com 5289411 these guys know the truth abut amalgams
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2007 at 10:05 AM.

31. TopTop #29
    Dynamique

Dr. Sylvano Senn in Sebastopol as an "anthrosophic and homeopathic" dentist (DDS) who does mercury amalgam filling removals. He took over the practice of an Icelandic dentist who returned to his homeland. His phone number is 707/823-9500.

Dr. Senn seems to be a good dentist with two satisfied customers in this house, so far. He also is senstive to fear/apprehension about having dental work. Unfortunately, he does not do sedation dentistry or advanced types of anesthesia.

32. TopTop #30
    Shepherd

Sebastopol dentist wanted

I would welcome recommendations for a good Sebastopol dentist.
    Thanks,
    Shepherd

[I have merged this request with the ongoing Dentist thread. Anybody else have a Dentist recommendation? - Barry]
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2007 at 10:03 AM.