The View From Luminous Peak

On Thursday, December 26th, at 7:30 PM, poet Richard Denner, aka Jampa Dorje, will return to Sebastopol with a reading at Many Rivers Books & Tea. He will be reading poems from his "A Book from Luminous Peak" and talk about his experiences during four years in a mountain retreat completing the Dzinpa Rangdrol (Self-liberation of Clinging) cycle of practices in a Vajrayana Tibetan Buddhist lineage.

Richard Denner is a poet, printer, yogi, monk, who lived in the Sebastopol area for ten years before moving to Tara Mandala Retreat Center in Colorado to do a traditional Tibetan solo retreat. He published D Press chapbooks at www.dpress.net

On a personal note, I'd like to add that Richard was a very generous presence in Sebastopol while he lived here. As an example, he liked one of my longer poems so much (a 100 Verse Renga) that he created a beautiful chapbook out of it. I know he was similarly generous with other area poets. It is, therefore, a great pleasure for me to be able to host a return reading for this gifted poet and presence.

Where: Many Rivers Books & Tea, 130 South Main St., Sebastopol
When: Thursday, December 26th
Time: 7:30 PM
Cost: By donation

Questions: Call Many Rivers at 829-8871

Thanks,

Jim Wilson
For Many Rivers