Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Roland Jacopetti

Something Completely Different

Hi, Waccocrats. Those of you who tune in to KRCB-FM at 91.1 or 90.9 will have noticed some major changes in the programming. For instance, the morning and early afternoon programming from NPR has been replaced by two locally produced music shows, hosted by Brian Griffith and Robin Pressman, which feature all sorts of music, including local artists, plus interviews, guests and lots of great stuff. Give it a try. There are other changes throughout the week, too.

I've been a volunteer at KRCB for almost 18 years (yikes!), presenting a morning 5-minute interview show called Sonoma Spotlight, and a 2-hour eclectic music show, called Something Completely Different.

Sonoma Spotlight used to be on mornings at 9AM; now it's temporarily lodged at about 915 or 920A, Monday through Friday. If it gets a different and more permanent home, I'll let you know.

Something Completely Different has made a slight change, from Tuesdays, 8-10PM to Tuesdays, 7-9PM. Not a big change, but some regular listeners have expressed mild consternation, hence this notice.

For those unhappy non-Something-Completely-Different-listeners, I'll let you know that it's very eclectic, featuring all sorts of music, and that each show is built around a theme.

For instance, this Tuesday evenings theme flew into my cerebrum (or maybe cerebellum) after enjoying singer-songwriter Kevin Welch last month at the Occidental Center for the Arts. So I decided to present some of Kevin's music, along with two other performers I enjoy and whom I thought would compliment Kevin - John Hiatt and Dave Alvin.

So tune in this Tuesday (7PM, remember!) to hear these guys. I'll tell you about other SCD's here on Wacco. Thanks for reading this.

Roland
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    amalia

Re: Something Completely Different

A huge thanks to Robin Pressman, KRCB program director for being bold, daring, and innovative in changing the KRCB radio format. We are now the NEW 91 !!
    You can now hear my world music program, Crossing Borders on Sundays from 1-3pm.
    Stay faithful to local, public radio and tune in to the NEW 91. 91.1fm and KRCB.org.

Hi, Waccocrats. Those of you who tune in to KRCB-FM at 91.1 or 90.9 will have noticed some major changes in the programming. For instance, the morning and early afternoon programming from NPR has been replaced by two locally produced music shows, hosted by Brian Griffith and Robin Pressman, which feature all sorts of music, including local artists, plus interviews, guests and lots of great stuff. Give it a try. There are other changes throughout the week, too.

I've been a volunteer at KRCB for almost 18 years (yikes!), presenting a morning 5-minute interview show called Sonoma Spotlight, and a 2-hour eclectic music show, called Something Completely Different.

Sonoma Spotlight used to be on mornings at 9AM; now it's temporarily lodged at about 915 or 920A, Monday through Friday. If it gets a different and more permanent home, I'll let you know.

Something Completely Different has made a slight change, from Tuesdays, 8-10PM to Tuesdays, 7-9PM. Not a big change, but some regular listeners have expressed mild consternation, hence this notice.

For those unhappy non-Something-Completely-Different-listeners, I'll let you know that it's very eclectic, featuring all sorts of music, and that each show is built around a theme.

For instance, this Tuesday evenings theme flew into my cerebrum (or maybe cerebellum) after enjoying singer-songwriter Kevin Welch last month at the Occidental Center for the Arts. So I decided to present some of Kevin's music, along with two other performers I enjoy and whom I thought would compliment Kevin - John Hiatt and Dave Alvin.

So tune in this Tuesday (7PM, remember!) to hear these guys. I'll tell you about other SCD's here on Wacco. Thanks for reading this.

Roland[/QUOTE]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: