Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Texting while driving?

For those of you who text or use your cell phones while driving, consider watching the following documentary by internationally-famous film-maker Werner Herzog, from our daily Press Democrat newspaper. This issue hits home to me, since one of our Sonoma State students, while texting, killed a two-year-old walking in a crosswalk holding her mother's hand. Not only was the child's life over, but the girl's life has been forever impacted. It is time to break that addiction, and use that form of communication only when it is appropriate.
    Road Warrior
    Tempted to text? Watch this first

Friday, at 1:14 by Road.Warrior

"I had my brother in my hand, and all of a sudden my hand was empty." ("From One Second To The Next")

“From One Second To The Next” is Werner Herzog’s take on texting while driving. If you’ve ever been tempted — or know someone who has — take a look at this chilling 35-minute documentary about the aftereffects of accidents caused by drivers distracted by text messaging.

Herzog linger over interviews with people involved on both sides of texting accidents. One young driver talks about how she lives with the guilt of her fatal mistake, and survivors of texting fatalities talk about how life has changed. Since it was posted on youtube Aug. 7, the film has been viewed nearly 2.2 million times.

If you’re wondering how Herzog got involved, look no farther than the group that posted the film. “It Can Wait” is spearheaded by wireless providers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon as part of a national campaign to create a social stigma around texting and driving similar to the one created by Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

Go to itcanwait.com for details, including information about the three-day youth summit that concludes today in Washington, D.C.

Last edited by Barry; 09-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Texting while driving?

Thank you for this post Shepherd.
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    Driving in this electronically advanced age takes as much attention and focus as we can muster.
    Also, we must now pay attention to (mostly) young pedestrians who have their heads down with their eyes glued to their mobile device.
    It's dangerous out there!

Tom
    Last edited by Barry; 12-11-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: