Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Efren Carrillo not prepared to resign at this time

I attended today's Board of Supervisors meeting. Following is an excerpt from this evening's online PD article, which I suggest you read in the printed version tomorrow. It is an accurate article.

A dozen citizens asked that he resign. Nobody defended Mr. Carrillo. Those asking that he resign were calm, articulate, and persuasive. Among them were various victims of sexual abuse and a National Guard member, some of whom pointed out that many women would feel uncomfortable around him, especially those who have bad memories of men hurting women. Carrillo has clearly lost the respect of many in the 5th District. "Alcohol is the symptom, not the cause," contended one witness." "One's home should be a sanctuary," commented another.

Carrillo himself appeared quite serious as he listened to the many reasons why he should resign, in marked contrast to his usual more affable demeanor. I may try to give a fuller report tomorrow, but I have to leave at 6 a.m. to teach.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Press Democrat:
    Critics of embattled Sonoma County Supervisor Efren Carrillo forcefully renewed their call for his resignation at Tuesday’s Board of Supervisors meeting, saying his continued service in elected office tarnished the county’s reputation and left his constituents without an effective representative.

The 5th District deserves but doesn’t have a fully functioning representative now,” said Alice Chan, a Sebastopol-based Democratic Party activist. “His continued presence on this board is an embarrassment to us and to Sonoma County.”
    The comments, echoed by about a dozen speakers, many of them either outright Carrillo opponents or newly emerged critics, came in Carrillo’s second Board of Supervisors meeting since his July 13 arrest on suspicion of prowling and burglary.

Carrillo responded in a brief interview late Tuesday evening, saying he had no current plans to give up his county job.

“That's a decision I'm not prepared to make at this time,” he said. “I'm focusing on the work before me, and my intention is not focused on the distractions but rather the performance of my job while still tending to the early stages of my recovery.”
    Full PD article is here.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-11-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Magick

My comments to Efren at Board of Supes

These are my comments, I felt Efren really listened. The video of everyone's comments are in the video below.

If you resonate please share and maybe we can create a compassionate solution.

"Efren, I have thought a lot about your role as a representative of West county and your actions both in San Diego and recently here.
    In San Diego there were no legal consequences, the political machine that backs you, was able to take care of that fairly easily.
    But with the second offense, you have now experienced the painful reality that you have been used, and those that supported you are now weighing whether or not you are damaged goods or if you might be salvageable and then even more indebted to them.
    You might think that the people who support you staying in office are concerned with your best interests.
    I would disagree.
    If you were my brother or son I would plead with you to realize that you are dealing with deeply rooted issues around respect for women, and that alcohol bingeing is the symptom not the cause.

Those that say you should stay want something from you, not for you.

You have already endangered a life, threatened and scared a woman in the sanctuary of her home, and what you do next without help could be irreparable.
    There is something that happens in all our lives that leads us to make the horrible mistakes we do; that has wounded you and is now causing you to unconsciously wound others.
    I do not wish for you to be punished, punishment does not heal and help those you have hurt. I ask you to own your responsibility and to rehabilitate yourself.

In service to the people of West County, step down and take time to learn from some of the women who have devoted their lives to this community without pay or reward.

You have intelligence, charisma and an abundant amount energy. But these are hollow without a soul purpose. Do the work and become the great man you are meant to be.

I would humbly request that others of our community who speak today do so respectfully without a motive to humiliate. This will only create defensiveness that is not conducive to change."

Here is a video with all comments from yesterday. Mine starts at 16:06... https://youtu.be/iXwrpTFWr-o

Supervisor Carrillo Faces the Public

Concerned Sonoma County citizens take the opportunity to address Supervisor Efre...See More
    Last edited by Barry; 09-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

5. TopTop #3
    sambacat
    Supporting member

Re: Efren Carrillo not prepared to resign at this time

Efren Carrillo is probably going to try to hold out until January when he can resign and be vested in his six figure pension from the county. I don't want my tax dollars to go to that entitlement. What can we do to ensure that he is ousted before then?

6. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

When the recall effort begins, volunteer your time. There was supposedly a recall effort planned to begin on or after September 15.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by sambacat: View Post
    Efren Carrillo is probably going to try to hold out until January when he can resign and be vested in his six figure pension from the county. I don't want my tax dollars to go to that entitlement. What can we do to ensure that he is ousted before then?
    Last edited by Barry; 09-12-2013 at 09:42 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Shepherd

Re: My comments to Efren at Board of Supes

Magick's presentation was excellent and the other dozen speakers asking Efren to resign were also persuasive. I was also surprised that Efren's supporters, including PR people, were not there. No one spoke on his behalf. Perhaps his PR people did not plan to come, as someone suggested. Another possibility is that they realized that people were planning to come to ask him to resign, so they decided not to come. They definitely have a strategy of some sort. Following is a letter from today's PD, "Orchestrated Campaign?" about that. Yesterday's PD had an excellent letter by Yannick Philips from Sonoma Valley about the Carrillo Controversy.

Orchestrated campaign?
    EDITOR: Don't you think it odd that there appears to be a constant flow of letters congratulating Supervisor Efren Carrillo on how he's working so hard to fix his demons and how good everything will be once he's recovered and back on the job?
    The guy manages to get himself arrested twice, the latter in particularly concerning circumstances (not my fault, must have been the booze), and his heroic recovery is lauded while the potential crime is played down.
    Are we seeing a PR handling campaign in action? The one where you delay until the public forgets, apologize without admitting guilt, blame the problem on a disease, then orchestrate your supporters to send letters saying just how brave, talented and a role model you are?
    MARK TOMLINSON
    Petaluma
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Magick: View Post
    These are my comments, I felt Efren really listened....

10. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

11. TopTop #6
    dzerach

... hold out until January when he can resign and be vested in his six figure pension from the county....

I'm not judging or criticizing this other public servant,
    the Sonoma County Fire Chief, just sayin' -

https:// https://www.pressdemocrat.c...cles/130909817

Sonoma County Fire Chief Mark Aston has stepped down from his post while on medical leave and plans to remain off-duty until he retires at the end of this year. Aston, 56, has led the county department since 2008....Aston has been out on medical leave since mid-July for an injured foot and said he does not expect to return before his retirement, now planned for mid-November to mid-December....He announced last November that he intended to retire at the end of this year, a date that extends his Sonoma County service to five years and makes him eligible for a county pension....A hiring process to permanently fill the department’s chief/director post could wrap up by November. The county received 70 applications for the position with a salary range of $137,437 to $167,053. Aston’s 2012 pay, including cash and car allowance, was $181,312. If cleared by a doctor to return to work before his retirement, he said plans to use accrued vacation and administrative leave to remain off-duty. In his three-decade career, Aston served as fire chief for the City of Clovis; battalion chief for the Apple Valley Fire Protection District in San Bernadino County and as a firefighter for both the City of Corona and Riverside County.
    Last edited by dzerach; 09-12-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: bolding of additional text

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #7
    rossmen

this appears to be accurate and there is nothing to do about it. a recall could not be successful till june 2014. efren is smart, who would not do the same in his shoes? this would also be in character with his actions as supervisor. i predict he will resign early in the new year, with a proper replacement arranged, who will probably win reelection with a three year incumbent advantage:.(

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #8
    yann123

My letter to the editor from the Press Democrat is below and I will help with any recall effort, if (sadly) needed:
    Quote EDITOR: A Bay Area politician was caught having an affair with his best friend's wife while in office. His erstwhile friend was also his campaign manager. Many of the politician's constituents were appalled by his behavior, and some called for his resignation.

The politician acknowledged the gravity of what he had done and sought treatment for a drinking problem. Meanwhile, he remained in office. At the end of his term, many acknowledged that he had done a pretty good job despite significant controversy around a very bold and humane move he made during his term.

He ran for higher office and was elected. Now he is being touted by some as the next governor of California. Who is he? Gavin Newsom, the handsome, articulate, wealthy and white scion of a prominent San Francisco family.

If Supervisor Efren Carrillo enjoyed some of Newsom's advantages, I wonder if the calls for his resignation would be fewer and his constituents would be more inclined to forgive his indefensible actions and give him a second chance.
    RICHARD CLEVERLY
    Santa Rosa
    Carrillo and Newsom
    EDITOR: Let’s take a closer look at the comparison between Efren Carrillo and Gavin Newsom (“Second chances,” Letters, Aug. 30 [above]). Was it a poor choice for Newsom to have a consensual affair with his campaign manager’s (and best friend’s) wife? You bet. Now compare that to being arrested at 3:40 a.m. outside a woman’s window (a mere acquaintance) wearing only underwear and socks. Surely, you see the difference.

As for Carrillo being deserving of a second chance, let’s remember the San Diego incident, less than a year ago. He’s had his second chance.

I understand trying to make light of this latest incident by comparing it to a much lesser offense. However, I don’t believe the woman in the Newsom story ever had to call 911. Had Newsom been caught outside an unwilling woman’s window, in the middle of the night, half-naked, I believe the outcome of his story would have been different.

Please stop trying to portray what Carrillo did as a simple mistake and think how you would feel if the frightened woman calling 911 in the middle of the night had been your daughter, your sister, your wife or your friend. Not likely you’d be making light of that.

YANNICK A. PHILLIPS
    Sonoma
    Last edited by Barry; 09-14-2013 at 10:46 AM.

16. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

17. TopTop #9
    tommy

funny & interesting comparison.

Another difference is Newsom is a liberal Democrat, married gay couples while in office in SF, while Carrillo is more centrist, supported by the business community, defeated Rue, an environmentalist, voted for Dutro. Carrillo collected more enemies than Newson, obviously. Carrillo is Latino, Newsom is anglo, I think due to subtle racism there is a higher bar for Carrillo. Carrillo's offense was like a teenage prank. I can only think alot of the animosity towards him is political.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by yann123: View Post
    My letter to the editor from the Press Democrat is below and I will help with any recall effort, if (sadly) needed:

Carrillo and Newsom
    EDITOR: Let’s take a closer look at the comparison between Efren Carrillo and Gavin Newsom (“Second chances,” Letters, Aug. 30 [above]). Was it a poor choice for Newsom to have a consensual affair with his campaign manager’s (and best friend’s) wife? You bet. Now compare that to being arrested at 3:40 a.m. outside a woman’s window (a mere acquaintance) wearing only underwear and socks. Surely, you see the difference.

As for Carrillo being deserving of a second chance, let’s remember the San Diego incident, less than a year ago. He’s had his second chance.

I understand trying to make light of this latest incident by comparing it to a much lesser offense. However, I don’t believe the woman in the Newsom story ever had to call 911. Had Newsom been caught outside an unwilling woman’s window, in the middle of the night, half-naked, I believe the outcome of his story would have been different.

Please stop trying to portray what Carrillo did as a simple mistake and think how you would feel if the frightened woman calling 911 in the middle of the night had been your daughter, your sister, your wife or your friend. Not likely you’d be making light of that.

YANNICK A. PHILLIPS
    Sonoma

18. TopTop #10
    yann123

TOMMY, someone entering your home is NOT a teenage prank, it's unfortunate and would be outrageous if people see it as only that... This is not about being liberal vs. centrist/ or other arguments...this is about -not allowing Efren's actions to set an example for our young girls and women and our young boys and men in Sonoma Co. to think this kind of activity from anyone (politician or other individual) is ok.......IT IS NOT OK.
    I hope Sonoma Co. can count on every man in the county to take Efren's actions very seriously and stand strong in support of the recall if he doesn't step down on his own.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post

Another difference is ...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-15-2013 at 03:40 PM.

19. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

20. TopTop #11
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

As a woman, I think that a lot of the "animosity" toward Carrillo stems from the feelings a woman has when she imagines him coming to her window and door in his underwear......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post

Another difference is Newsom is a

21. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

22. TopTop #12
    mskslr

As a woman who was subject to sexual abuse as an adolescent, I can sympathize with the people also traumatized in the past.

However, I caution against "branding" someone an abuser without knowing all the facts. Mr. Carillo has not been charged and it is too easy to blame that fact on some amorphous "political machine" working in Mr. Carrillo's favor. As an attorney, I have litigated cases in Southern Calif. and currently practice and live in Sonoma Co. Believe me, the San Diego DA's office is not soft on crime and could care less what position a potential defendant holds. The DA has to answer to his constituents. If there was enough evidence, charges would have been filed.

Efren is a devoted, hard-working supervisor. For example, his support for civic and business projects in challenged areas like Roseland have given that area new life and energy. He has been a visionary, offering support and encouragement to Latino businesses and entrepreneurs, as well as overseen countless community projects. He has gone out of his way to bring us all together with fundraisers for those who couldn't afford medical care, beautification projects, and has fought for more funding for our schools.

A rush to judgment does a great disservice to a demonstrably fine civil servant.

23. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

24. TopTop #13
    yann123

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mskslr: View Post
    As a woman who was subject to sexual abuse as an adolescent,...
    Reply to: MSKSLR-

Nothing says Efren can not be appreciated for his passed projects and nothing says he can't continue to do good deeds. Some have an issue with the County paying anyone a plump salary (plus a plump retirement to go with it) with that recipient not being a respectable member of the community. Some of us -my main issue-have a problem with our county demonstrating to our young women and men of our county that Efren's actions are ok. THEY ARE NOT OK.

We need to show our young men and women in our County (and beyond) that if ANYONE finds fit to roust a women out of bed at 3am/call 911 (embarrassingly in their socks and undies) they will be severely reprimanded and no...not considered 'just a prank'. Our children and young adults need to feel safe from the public AND from ELECTEDS ALIKE. Again, I would hope every gentleman and lady out there would defend the safety of our private home and assure our young children and young adults that this behavior from grown men will not be tolerated and will not go unpunished.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.

25. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

26. TopTop #14
    mskslr

Reply to: MSKSLR-

Nothing says Efren can not be appreciated ....
    Yann123:
    You don't have a CLUE what happened that night (or early morning) yet you're willing to discard this man's achievements for what....your Conjecture of what might have happened?

You don't Remotely have enough information to judge him...let alone condemn him.

One scenario: At risk of being trivialized, I'm recalling the scene in the movie High Fidelity where the main character stands outside his love interest's window with a boom box. He's charming...we adore him. What if Mr. Carrillo thought he was (misguidedly) serenading? Of course he needs to examine his use of alcohol - ! But to vilify him? Sorry people but I'm not seeing any abuse
    (sexual or otherwise) here. Bad judgment, but not abuse.

And are you seriously suggesting that he should be tarred and feathered (let alone his losing his pension) for waking someone up from their lawn at 3 AM? Yes- she called 911. (Not sure exactly why...)

Bad judgment on his part in retrospect but his behavior has nothing to do "Failing to set an example to our youth!" My 23-year-old daughter isn't going to behave any differently because our supervisor acted childishly while on vacation in So Cal.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-17-2013 at 11:13 AM.

27. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

28. TopTop #15
    yann123

And are you seriously suggesting that he should be tarred and feathered (let alone his losing his pension) for waking someone up from their lawn at 3 AM? Yes- she called 911. (Not sure exactly why...)
    Bad judgment on his part in retrospect but his behavior has nothing to do "Failing to set an example to our youth!" My 23-year-old daughter isn't going to behave any differently because our supervisor acted childishly while on vacation in So Cal.
    I'm just responding to the youth comment -Do we want to say to our children, "Yes, people can act badly in this way and it's ok." I am a mom as well...it's not to deter my children from acting like Efren it's for my children to feel safe in their community knowing that these sort of 'activities' would be reprimanded and not deemed acceptable as a community as a whole.

29. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

30. TopTop #16
    mskslr

I'm just responding to the youth comment -Do we want to say to our children, "Yes, people can act badly in this way and it's ok." I am a mom as well...it's not to deter my children from acting like Efren it's for my children to feel safe in their community knowing that these sort of 'activities' would be reprimanded and not deemed acceptable as a community as a whole.
    None of this has Anything to do with children. No child was involved at all. How did the conversation cross over from an inebriated adult acting stupidly early in the morning to "our children being at risk?" What does his man's behavior on one occasion in Southern California have to do with our children's safety "in their community?" Nothing.

Quite to the contrary, I watched hundreds of people gather in an auditorium to donate money to help a poor, seriously injured Sonoma County girl who was stuck in Mexico after her mother died there in a crash; she didn't have money for the health care she needed. Efren stood up for her. I brought my son that day to witness the kind of heroism I hope he will be strong enough to display. How do we so easily wipe away the record of a man like this?

31. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

32. TopTop #17
    rossmen

you brought up children by citing your daughter and now your son. you also seem confused about efrens latest incident. it was his next door neighbor in santa rosa. san diego was over a year ago. what i find most interesting about you is how you headlined carrillo on your business website before the last supervisor election. carpenter had the way friendlier quote for marijuana decriminalization, perhaps you support efren because of his hands off approach to the current medical marijuana absurdity? i find that only people who financially benefit from the unsustainable black industry of indoor grows like how things are now. carrillo looks the other way on this one, even when questioned directly.

None of this has Anything to do with children. No child was involved at all. How did the conversation cross over from an inebriated adult acting stupidly early in the morning to "our children being at risk?" What does his man's behavior on one occasion in Southern California have to do with our children's safety "in their community?" Nothing.

Quite to the contrary, I watched hundreds of people gather in an auditorium to donate money to help a poor, seriously injured Sonoma County girl who was stuck in Mexico after her mother died there in a crash; she didn't have money for the health care she needed. Efren stood up for her. I brought my son that day to witness the kind of heroism I hope he will be strong enough to display. How do we so easily wipe away the record of a man like this?

33. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

34. TopTop #18
    mskslr

No, rossmen: My reference to my daughter and son was meant to express that as a devoted parent, I would not compromise my children’s safety and moral education for Anything. If I thought that our supervisor compromised those principals, I would oppose him.

I have no idea what you mean by, “the current medical marijuana absurdity” or your odd reference to, “unsustainable black industry of indoor grows like how things are now …” These comments are off topic, irrelevant, and, even if we were discussing medical marijuana, absurd. Please don't trivialize this discussion by introducing knee-jerk political topics such as use of marijuana.

35. Gratitude expressed by:

36. TopTop #19
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I have no idea what you mean by, “the current medical marijuana absurdity” or your odd reference to, “unsustainable black industry of indoor grows like how things are now …” These comments are off topic, irrelevant, and, even if we were discussing medical marijuana, absurd.
    Rossmen's comments were off topic in general but do relate in the sense of why you may be supporting Efren. Please see this thread and the excellent movie about medical marijuana at the link supplied there, which still seems to be available for free.

Please direct any further comments regarding medical marijuana on that thread. Let's keep this one about Efren.

37. Gratitude expressed by:

38. TopTop #20
    rossmen

i was just trying to figure out why you support e-tard(his rumored nickname among women regulars of the santa rosa club scene). as a parent, i can't imagine any parent holding up a binge drinking, bar fighting, prowler as a moral example for their children. your bias is clear from your work website and it is just as environmentally clueless as efren's answers to my question about the increased electrical use for sonoma county. i think he will retire when his pension is vested early next year. the interesting thing about this educated guess is that there are wacco readers, current and retired county staff, who know how supervisor pensions are structured, and no one has corrected the understanding my guess is biased on.

No, rossmen: My reference to my daughter and son was meant to express that as a devoted parent, I would not compromise my children’s safety and moral education for Anything. If I thought that our supervisor compromised those principals, I would oppose him.

I have no idea what you mean by, “the current medical marijuana absurdity” or your odd reference to, “unsustainable black industry of indoor grows like how things are now …” These comments are off topic, irrelevant, and, even if we were discussing medical marijuana, absurd. Please don't trivialize this discussion by introducing knee-jerk political topics such as use of marijuana.

39. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

40. TopTop #21
    Shepherd

Though people know that I think the best thing for Mr. Carrillo and his constituents is for him to resign, I am doing my best to follow the advice of his supporters that we wait until the Oct. 11 court day to discuss this matter further. I am concerned by the growing name-calling, personal attacks, and worsening level of this discussion, by members of both sides. Most of us love Sonoma County, and no matter what happens on this particular matter, we will continue to be living here together.

On the vestment and pension issue, I did speak with a former member of the Retirement Board. He corrected what has been posted here. He said that pensions do not start until someone is 50 years old. They are something like 2% per year of the highest salary. So this is a much lower figure than was implied. I think the Retirement Board number is 565-8100. I am currently overwhelmed and want to stay out of this as much as possible, so I hope that a more objective person can call and verify or correct this.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-19-2013 at 02:58 PM.

41. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

42. TopTop #22
    ruthnew

Thanks Shepherd. I agree about waiting and share your concerns.

In the public retirement systems I am familiar with there is an employee and an employer contribution per paycheck. For safety usually 9% and others 8%. The employer contribution is larger. Sonoma County has it's own retirement system. Safety employees (police & fire) receive 3%@50. (2.7@57 if hired after Dec 2012) They have lots of exposure to stress, smoke , injuries and toxins. Many work beyond 50. A friend of mine works for the county and her minimum retirement age is 60,(for new hires 2.5%@67) . If a person had the 3%@60 formula and worked 5 years (the minimum time to be able to collect a retirement), they could apply for retirement at 60 and receive 15% of their highest year's salary each year. (as long as the system is solvent)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    Though people know that I think the best thing for Mr. Carrillo and his constituents is for him to resign, I am doing my best to follow the advice of his supporters that we wait until the Oct. 11 court day to discuss this matter further. I am concerned by the growing name-calling, personal attacks, and worsening level of this discussion, by members of both sides. Most of us love Sonoma County, and no matter what happens on this particular matter, we will continue to be living here together.

On the vestment and pension issue, I did speak with a former member of the Retirement Board. He corrected what has been posted here. He said that pensions do not start until someone is 50 years old. They are something like 2% per year of the highest salary. So this is a much lower figure than was implied. I think the Retirement Board number is 565-8100. I am currently overwhelmed and want to stay out of this as much as possible, so I hope that a more objective person can call and verify or correct this.

43. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

44. TopTop #23
    rossmen

having looked at the county's website as well as the pd data base for county workers pay and retirement, my understanding is that if efren is supervisor for five years, he can step down with a lifetime pension of about $20k\yr with cola. the county will have contributed about $250k for his pension by that time. age does not apply to elected officials. as a hardworking, talented, smart young man, sitting with the shards of his career and ambitions, i think he will take it.

45. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

46. TopTop #24

Though people know that I think the best thing for Mr. Carrillo and his constituents is for him to resign, I am doing my best to follow the advice of his supporters that we wait until the Oct. 11 court day to discuss this matter further.
    From a quick check of your posts it seems you have posted 19 times in the last month on this subject, which leads me to the conclusion that your "doing your best" to "wait until the Oct. 11 court date to discuss the matter further" has been singularly ineffective. I would beg you to redouble your efforts to refrain from discussing the matter.

Also I was amused by the Feudian slip in your last sentence:

and no one has corrected the understanding my guess is biased on.
    (Someone did later go ahead and correct your understanding.)

Patrick Brinton

47. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

48. TopTop #25
    sebastacat

And Sebastacat would ask YOU to find something better to do than to count the number of times that someone has posted on a particular subject.

The debate will continue, Patrick - with or without your approval or blessing.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post
    From a quick check of your posts...

49. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

50. TopTop #26
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Mr. B: Did you check to see how many posts Shepherd made AFTER he decided to limit them?

And I was amused by YOUR slip:

"Also I was amused by the Feudian slip in your last sentence:"

What's "Feudian" mean, since you don't seem to admit the possibility of a typo?

(Sorry, I've had a trying day....)

Sara S
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post
    Also I was amused by the Feudian slip in your last sentence:

51. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

52. TopTop #27
    sebastacat

Thanks for pointing this out, Sara!

Moral of the story? That Karma stuff can bite you - sometimes when you least expect it.......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post

53. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

54. TopTop #28
    Shepherd

It is good to get some humor into this too-acrimonious discussion. :) Mr. B, who is a talented photographer with a show currently at the Risk Press Gallery in Sebastopol, and I have indeed been having on ongoing FEUD about oral communication, which has nothing to do with Efren Carrillo. So there are often back stories to how we respond in the moment.

I re-pledge to do my best to lay low on this matter until the Oct. 11 court date. I must admit that I have already failed, with this email and with the quote from the PD article about the victim's lawyer finally being quoted. Previously, it was only the defendant's lawyer being quoted. I felt that was news-worthy, and tried my best not to add any of my personal opinions.

My apologies for my typos. I am, however, glad to hear that there are still some Freudians out there. I am more inclined toward Jung, though I admit that Freud was important.

55. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

56. TopTop #29

Always happy to provide amusement. And yes, of course I realized it was a typo, but it seemed like a remarkably apposite one. Really, folks, lets keep our sense of humor.

Patrick Brinton

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    And I was amused by YOUR slip:

"Also I was amused by the Feudian slip in your last sentence:"

57. Gratitude expressed by:

58. TopTop #30
    dzerach

I re-pledge to do my best to lay low on this matter until the Oct. 11 court date. I must admit that I have already failed, with this email and with the quote from the PD article about the victim's lawyer finally being quoted.
    Just curious if anyone on here who read that article, and read what the prosecution-side said, now feels an impulse to even just briefly apologize for their extreme open-endedness...? It's a question, not a request. The deliberate, strident accumulation on here of strong, unyielding assertions regarding the alleged "limitless possibilities" concerning the nature of what happened? (And anyone professing anything else is a politically-motivated, full-on lynch mob.) Despite overwhelming "circumstantial evidence" that certain things could be ruled out completely. No, she didn't call 911 to get help for Efren, as one of many examples. I'm not going to argue and will end it there except to point out that some people don't have a problem eating their hat, however tiny of a nibble was required.

59. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: