Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Ray Tuley

Homeless in Sonoma County, and doing the best I can

Greetings again,
    Having made the transition into homelessness, and not enjoying the experience too much, I am still grateful, though I am once again forced to ask for things I need. Though I do not like to count on others' generosity, I really have no other choice at the present. That being said, here’s my situation: thanks to the generosity of a few members of the conscience community, I now have a tent, backpack sleeping bag and a trailer to tow behind my bike. I have found a piece of property in the hills outside of Guerneville, and have been given permission to camp there. Since it appears to be safe from thieves (so far), I would like to make it a little more comfortable.

If anyone has the following items that they don’t need and could donate them, I would greatly appreciate it.

1) A shikibuton This is what I’m told that a tri-fold matress is called. This alone would greatly improve things for my back, and is light enough for me to pack up the mountain.

2) A pair of men’s hiking boots size 11 1/2 or 12, and socks - I have 2 pair that are rapidly wearing out. I’m camped on a mountain and have to hike up to get to my camp, and tennis shoes are really difficult to climb over steep, loose terrain in.

3) A solar shower, which would be a godsend right now,

4) a white gas or propane cookstove, and lantern, and maybe one of those little fold up camping shovels.

5) Last, if anyone has a container of some sort, like maybe a free standing metal cabinet, that I could secure to a tree or something and put my few remaining valuables in and lock it up, that would be great.

As I said before, it’s not easy for me to ask, but being a 59 year old person with disabilities and no income is even less easy, so.... I do not have any transportation other than my bike but if you have any of these items and can part with them and are perhaps passing through Guerneville, I can meet you if you give me a couple day’s advance notice. Thank you for reading, responding, and helping. Your kindness and generosity is greatly appreciated.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: