Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Timothy Gega

SLAVE TRADE v. MJ Wars

SLAVE TRADE v. MJ Wars

How far have we as a humanity come?
    That kidnaps young children at the point of a gun?

What need is there here for exchanging young fates
    when their sexual desire is merely for just one date?

Do we not raise our own proud militia rifles here?
    To stand and deliver that individual freedom we all claim so dear?

Priorities are tossed now as all innocence and purities are lost
    All at the expense of children who must bear these brutal cost.

It’s a political high in this shifting of the blame
    As more and more children become slaves lost in this very perverted game.

The border patrols are looking only for stereotypical illegals
    while young slaves crossing lines are held captive by these monetary eagles.

Time has come today here to end this useless war on medicinal drugs
    And shift our focus hard and fast and declare a full-out warfare on
    these greedy kidnapping internet-bidding pedophile thugs.

But let’s all just sit by now and breathe out our deep silent sighs
    As children’s tears continue to stream down from their wide trembling eyes.

If these were your kids here what greater good would you do?
    Sit praying to the almighty on a cold empty pew?

We take things for granted that all will be well
    While millions of children experience this living emotional hell.

The world is not as innocent as it once used to be
    For this responsibility of labor lies within you and me.

There’s no time to hesitate, there’s no time to pause,
    Let’s put down our lattes and pick up this cause.

©2014 Tim Gega

Gov. Brown Signs Bill to Fight Human Trafficking
    Brown also signed six other bills that he said are aimed at better protecting victims of human trafficking. September 30, 2014

Human trafficking represents an estimated $31.6 billion of international trade per annum in 2010. [9] Human trafficking is thought to be one of the fastest-growing activities of transnational criminal organizations. ~Wikipedia
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    gandalf

Re: SLAVE TRADE v. MJ Wars

"Human trafficking" is doublespeak for sex slaves. It makes it sound nicer than it is. This practice is rampant in San Francisco and Sacramento and yet little is done about it while a big deal is made of that little.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    MarilynO

There are also people who are forced to work as servants and laborers.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gandalf: View Post
    "Human trafficking" is doublespeak for sex slaves. It makes it sound nicer than it is. This practice is rampant in San Francisco and Sacramento and yet little is done about it while a big deal is made of that little.

6. TopTop #4
    Timothy Gega

I agree whole heartedly. Slavery in the workplace is all too common these days.
    I believe that the world has now turned the corner on corruption of the human spirit and it will take an army to reverse this trend.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MarilynO: View Post

7. TopTop #5
    MarilynO

Well said, Timothy. But if we could have such an army I wonder what that army looks like… Is it armed raids that free people from captivity, as a specialized department of law enforcement or the National Guard, or is it citizen vigilantes? Or is it an army of goodness that seeks to nonviolently expose exploitation and thereby appeal to the conscience of the masses to intervene somehow. I am not trying to be facetious here… i truly do wonder.
    The level of corruption is rampant and daunting, but my view is that the corruption is among a minority of rotten people, and that the average person is not corrupt in spirit, but maybe suppressed in spirit, or broken in spirit , or just too confused to know they have a spirit… I am sounding silly and I am not meaning to sound so. I just think most people aren't bad, just lost, or even kind of hypnotized by the barrage of untruth and readily available escapism and general dumbing down of our society.
    The ones who enslave people are definitely bad. Hideous, corrupt, vile. Do we ourselves need to become the army that stops them? What would that look like? If we can figure that out I can think of many injustices that need to be championed. I am not trying to make light of this, though I would like to cast light on it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Timothy Gega: View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. Slavery in the workplace is all too common these days.
    I believe that the world has now turned the corner on corruption of the human spirit and it will take an army to reverse this trend.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #6
    Timothy Gega

Well said, Timothy. But if we could have such an army I wonder what that army looks like… Is it armed raids that free people from captivity, as a specialized department of law enforcement or the National Guard, or is it citizen vigilantes? Or is it an army of goodness that seeks to nonviolently expose exploitation and thereby appeal to the conscience of the masses to intervene somehow. I am not trying to be facetious here… i truly do wonder.
    The level of corruption is rampant and daunting, but my view is that the corruption is among a minority of rotten people, and that the average person is not corrupt in spirit, but maybe suppressed in spirit, or broken in spirit , or just too confused to know they have a spirit… I am sounding silly and I am not meaning to sound so. I just think most people aren't bad, just lost, or even kind of hypnotized by the barrage of untruth and readily available escapism and general dumbing down of our society.
    The ones who enslave people are definitely bad. Hideous, corrupt, vile. Do we ourselves need to become the army that stops them? What would that look like? If we can figure that out I can think of many injustices that need to be championed. I am not trying to make light of this, though I would like to cast light on it.
    You’re an awakened warrior MarilynO. You’ve hit the nail right on the head here. About all we can do is be an “army of one.” But, when we work in a shared united voice we can also accomplish much for those who are: (suppressed in spirit, or broken in spirit, or just too confused to know they have a spirit”). The army of the future, or (today) will not need a gun or a sword to do its battles but rather a pen and a dictionary. (“It’s an army of goodness that seeks to nonviolently expose exploitation and thereby appeal to the conscience of the masses to intervene somehow.”)

(From my POV) all we/one can do is to work as individuals to awaken those who are corrupt, by bringing light, (knowledge/information) to our community, groups or friends. It’s easy for the general public to point their fingers at big Govts or big Corps. (Like Walmart or Amazon.com) as “corrupt employers lowering the living standards in America.” But, it has been my direct experience that (WE the People) are “doing it to each other” when we/they break vows or promises, don’t comply to oral agreements or Breached “Work” Contracts, (all based on money/ignorance/greed or power, (fear).

From this “personal perspective” what I see is how religions and the church have created this original confusion (in 1200 A.D.) in: Women’s Rights as well as molesting innocent children, (of which we are now living in that subsequent epoch.) But I am still hearing rants from genders who blame the opposite sex for these societal problems which are their misplaced anger. They are fighting the wrong enemy. Their enemy is either the old church or the old god, (not every male who breathes is guilty of repression or oppression of the female’s ambitions.) WE have bigger fish to fry in this regard.

Thank you MarilynO. for this open dialogue to bring light to these daunting issues.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #7
    MarilynO

You make a good point. I know as many good men as I do good women and an equal number of less than sterling ones of both sexes. We the PEOPLE need to work together and there is so much afoot to "divide and conquer" us. I become disheartened when I see people dividing over multiple issues when there are some really glaring ones that need us to unite and put our differences aside for the greater good. All other causes become moot if we can't live on the planet anymore, but still people will stop to bicker over other views. Some think this dynamic is orchestrated by evil power-mongers behind the scenes- some see it is just human nature to get short-sighted and ego-centric about everything. Probably both explanations are true.

Some years back, while still in Washington state I posted a rather desperate rant online about being utterly terrified at what I saw happening to our world, and I let out a wild howl for someone to join forces with to fight the good fight and keep each other fortified with good stuff. I got a lot of nice responses, but what struck me most was what my friend Karl Smiley (I didn't yet know him) sent me. He sent me a song he'd just written called, "I Believe in You" "I believe in you and all the things that you and I can do…." It wasn't long before I was on stage singing it with him. He also wrote a song called "Love Will Find Away" that is about believing in the end love will conquer fear. As long as I am veering a bit off course, let me put in a plug for Karl- he'll be coming through California and singing at the Barlow on Sunday Oct 19th from 2-4pm on the stage by Sebastopol Community Market!

But back to the point, we really need people reaching out to each other and acknowledging each other's humanity and encouraging each other to live in the light, in truth, in love, to live with the courage to see what is wrong and not be broken by it, and to keep on working for the good of all. It can be really hard to not be broken by the wrongs and I think that's why a lot of people just can't deal with facing certain things. Armies of love surrounding us is a nice thought.
    Slainte,
    Marilyn

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Timothy Gega: View Post
    You’re an awakened warrior MarilynO. You’ve hit the nail right on the head here. About all we can do is be an “army of one.” But, ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-05-2014 at 09:28 AM.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8
    Timothy Gega

Geez Marilyn, I could cut n paste your words (here) right over my own beliefs and actions. (I do hope that others will take the time to read and re-read what you have said here.) It’s all true, true, and true!!!

I marked my calendar for the 19th as well. Welcome to Sonoma County Karl Smiley.

Over the past 4 decades I have done a lot of experimenting, researching and observing many concepts. What I have found (so far) is that humans are (and can be either) angels or devils. There are no magic or supernatural powers that have cursed nor rescued anyone on this planet in over 14 billion years of her existence.

Awareness is the 1st Step towards change.
    In my poems and writings I try to reflect this positive awareness. “The ME-ME-me”-(meme) has failed society miserably and today I say, “It’s all about us!” (For the Greater Good of All).

It is entirely up to us, as individuals. This is what the Messianic Legacy states in this new Age of Aquarius.
    Love is the greatest force for this change. Yet, so many want to dumb down this meaning of love to their own narrow-minded version. This is where I arm myself with a dictionary (as my proverbial shield) and my pen (keyboard-sword) to fight this ignorance.
    Namaste,
    Tim Gega

You make a good point. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-05-2014 at 09:29 AM.

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #9
    MarilynO

I just want to add that my comment that there are other kinds of human trafficking going on besides sexual slavery was in no way meant to detract from the horrors of the sex trade. My son encountered Russian women, at time when Russians were particularly financially desperate, in Korea. They had been lured there by promises of respectable positions as hostesses in fine hotels only to find themselves held against their will and told they would be exotic dancers and prostitutes until they paid off their travel debt. The Russian women had escaped but told him of the Filipino women were not physically strong enough to fight back and were still captive and how Korea turned a blind eye. He had to physically protect his friend in public from men who tried to grab her. She was "disappeared" one day and never seen again. It is tragic and horrifying, and though I have not seen it, I hear it is going on right here in Sonoma County. I hope we all do what we can to stop it, though I don't know what that might mean in practical application. I would welcome any education on how to actually intervene in the modern slave trade, regardless of its nature.

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Timothy Gega

I just want to add that my comment that there are other kinds of human trafficking going on besides sexual slavery was in no way meant to detract from the horrors of the sex trade. My son encountered Russian women, at time when Russians were particularly financially desperate, in Korea. They had been lured there by promises of respectable positions as hostesses in fine hotels only to find themselves held against their will and told they would be exotic dancers and prostitutes until they paid off their travel debt. The Russian women had escaped but told him of the Filipino women were not physically strong enough to fight back and were still captive and how Korea turned a blind eye. He had to physically protect his friend in public from men who tried to grab her. She was "disappeared" one day and never seen again. It is tragic and horrifying, and though I have not seen it, I hear it is going on right here in Sonoma County. I hope we all do what we can to stop it, though I don't know what that might mean in practical application. I would welcome any education on how to actually intervene in the modern slave trade, regardless of its nature.
    A very tragic story Marilyn. This is why I titled this (poem) “””v. MJ Wars"
    I always try to strike at contradictions in our Society, in particular: What are OUR Priorities?

In this case, we have been spending billions of dollars (over 5 decades) fighting a war on drugs, i.e. Marijuana. On a daily basis I read the news where someone got busted for a minor amount, or an “incidental” offense, by Law Enforcement. But, in contrast, I never seem to read stories about this same (Arm of the Law) doing stakeouts on these criminals who use the internet to promote their Slave Trade Agendas. (Evidently and apparently, it must be legal?). Such a pity that so many people who use MJ for medicine end up going to prison when these other thugs go on with business as usual. That’s where the real crimes are. That’s the“Priority” to which I would want my Tax Dollars to go to.

As to: How to intervene? I’d say tread carefully here because these thugs have arms and they aren’t afraid to use them. Perhaps the best way to intervene is by keeping this issue right in front of the Public’s eyes until they begin to focus in on this growing problem. Awareness is the 1st step to change.
    That’s all one can do is be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: