Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Claire

Celestial Seasonings teas loaded with pesticides!

Celestial Seasonings teas loaded with pesticides!

In fact, they contain shockingly high levels of pesticides.

If you watch the video, they show that some of the teas are 4400% and 3300% over the EU limit for pesticides, contain various carcinogenic chemicals and in some cases, a pesticide banned globally.
    The statistics are phenomenally bad news.

Am I the last person to know what a dirty company this is??

They and their parent company Hain can go to hell, says this herbal tea drinker.

https://www.examiner.com/article/dan...easonings-teas
    Last edited by Barry; 03-28-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Claire

Re: Celestial Seasonings teas loaded with pesticides!

Here is a list of products and companies owned by Hain:

https://www.hain-celestial.com/brands.php

This covers a pretty extensive list of "health food" and "health care" items.

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Fillie

Following is a copy of an email I just sent to AMS/USDA, a Mr. McEvoy, who is listed as the contact person for oversight of organic truth in advertising: We will see if I get a response, and I will post it.

Dear Mr. McEvoy,

My attention was drawn to the following article (link below) and I would request that your office look in to this claim, that Celestial Teas are 3300 times over the toxic limit of pesticide levels, as tested by a European lab, including teas marketed to children. This rings huge alarms, but may be a stock market ruse to ruin this product line to sell it short. This concern is catching like wildfire in my city, and I really want to debunk it if it is not true.
    I request an answer to this claim.

https://www.examiner.com/article/dangerously-high-pesticide-levels-found-celestial-seasonings-teas

Thank you,
    Phylls Haig
    Santa Rosa, CA

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Claire: View Post
    In fact, they contain shockingly high levels of pesticides.

If you watch the video, they show that some of the teas are 4400% and 3300% over the EU limit for pesticides, contain various carcinogenic chemicals and in some cases, a pesticide banned globally.
    The statistics are phenomenally bad news.

Am I the last person to know what a dirty company this is??

They and their parent company Hain can go to hell, says this herbal tea drinker.

https://www.examiner.com/article/dan...easonings-teas

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Claire

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fillie: View Post
    this claim, that Celestial Teas are 3300 times over the toxic limit of pesticide levels, as tested by a European lab, including teas marketed to children.
    Not all the teas tested were this high but all but one tested positive for pesticides and "exceeded Federal safety and/or California safety limits". That, right there is enough for me (as I have been buying Sleepytime tea for a certain granny for years) along with their lowest rating for sustainability.

Glaucus Research plainly states in its disclaimer that it is biased (and somewhat inflammatory i.m.o.) and the video is based on a short biased report and of course that should raise some concerns but the testing was independent, so I am interested to hear what your contact has to say.

However, with independent researching finding even 2% over the Federal and CA safety limits, I would choose not to drink these teas and especially not to buy their products.

Here's the page with the video link in case it's hard to find:
    https://glaucusresearch.com/consumer-watchdog-reports/

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5
    CSummer

Sad, but I can't say I'm real surprised. For quite a long time it's seemed to me that everything Hain touches turns to sh*t. How the company that gave health food a bad name ever got in a position to acquire all those other companies is beyond me!

Thanks much for warning us about their tea products.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Claire: View Post
    Here is a list of products and companies owned by Hain:

https://www.hain-celestial.com/brands.php

This covers a pretty extensive list of "health food" and "health care" items.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #6
    EmeraldMatra

Celestial Seasonings is owned by the Hain Celestial Group, as you know. HCG's major stockholders are Heinz and Monsanto.
    I have been doing this research for the past two months and my information is all current. I am getting ready to publish my findings very soon.
    Feel free to come to me with GMO questions and information about the corporate connections within the food industry.
    Come to the Occupy Sonoma County GMO Teach-In on April 29, 7-9 PM at 547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa.
    Sincerely,
    Emerald
    GMO Campaign
    Occupy Sonoma County

12. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

13. TopTop #7
    Fillie

Thank you for this. I will be at the teach-in. I am ready to commit to action against Monster, I mean Monsanto.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by EmeraldMatra: View Post
    Celestial Seasonings is owned by the Hain Celestial Group, as you know. HCG's major stockholders are Heinz and Monsanto.
    I have been doing this research for the past two months and my information is all current. I am getting ready to publish my findings very soon.
    Feel free to come to me with GMO questions and information about the corporate connections within the food industry.
    Come to the Occupy Sonoma County GMO Teach-In on April 29, 7-9 PM at 547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa.
    Sincerely,
    Emerald
    GMO Campaign
    Occupy Sonoma County

14. TopTop #8
    EmeraldMatra

If you send me your email address I will add you to the mailing list to receive announcements and invitations to our GMO Campaign meetings. If you are committed to action against Monsanto then join us and we will do that together. The next meeting of the Occupy Sonoma County GMO Campaign is Monday, April 15, 7-9 PM at 547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa. We will be finishing our plans for the teach-in at that meeting and coordinating with other GMO activists in Sonoma County who will be attending.
    We have a listserv for sharing GMO information that anyone can join.
    Send email to me at:
    [email protected] or [email protected]
    We must defeat GMOs!